How can I keep the screen off when the phone is charging?

A

AC Question

How can I keep the screen off when the phone is charging

My S6's screen will illuminate when I place it on the charging pad and it starts charging. It may - or may not - turn off on its own (this behaviour is seemingly random). I click the screen off and it's fine until something pops up on the lock screen or the phone hits 100% charge, then it comes on and stays on.

I need the phone to be dark when it's on the charge pad, 100% of the time. NO exceptions. I work weird shifts and I need to sleep at different times of the day/night (it sucks, believe me), so this isn't even something I can schedule. Just some way to blank the screen when I tell it to be blank and ONLY wake up when I tell it to wake up.

NOTES:
1) DAYDREAM mode is OFF
2) DEVELOPER MODE is OFF and the "leave screen on while charging" was never enabled.
3) I do NOT use hard-wired charging; just a Qi charging pad.

Please and thanks.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I keep the screen off when the phone is charging

set screen timeout to say 30 sec
make shue smart stay is off
try setting blocking mode
look for apps that only work on wifi and charging options

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I keep the screen off when the phone is charging

My husbands phone was like this...the only fix for me was to turn developer mode on and unchecked the screen remain on while charging option..however if yours hasn't been enabled I don't know...maybe enable it then disable it...His S4 was like this and I was never able to find a solution to get the darn screen to turn off haha even through developer modes.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch