Power saving vs full power

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I usually use my phone on Power saving mode all the time (I'm paranoid about battery life lol), but this past couple of days I've been using it at full power. It's insane how much faster it is with power saving turned off. I mean it's like night and day. I never even realized how much snappier everything is.

Just another testament to how awesome this phone is :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I usually use my phone on Power saving mode all the time (I'm paranoid about battery life lol), but this past couple of days I've been using it at full power. It's insane how much faster it is with power saving turned off. I mean it's like night and day. I never even realized how much snappier everything is.

Yup, the phone burns like lightning in "full power" mode. I would be curious though, after running a couple/few days on full power vs. power saving mode, can you quantify in any way how much longer the battery lasted in power saving mode, or conversely how much quicker it drains on full power mode?

I have never been able to keep the phone in power saving mode due to how much faster it is in full power mode. :D

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yup, the phone burns like lightning in "full power" mode. I would be curious though, after running a couple/few days on full power vs. power saving mode, can you quantify in any way how much longer the battery lasted in power saving mode, or conversely how much quicker it drains on full power mode?

I have never been able to keep the phone in power saving mode due to how much faster it is in full power mode. :D

Well I haven't really been tracking it, but I'm going to start. This thing flies. Feels faster than when I got it!

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

My thoughts is that when the phone is in power saving mode the phone uses the 1.5 Ghz quad-core half of the processor and at "full power" it uses it 2.1Ghz quad-core half. Any way it does it though doesn't really matter, still the fastest device I've ever had the pleasure of owning!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I usually charge my phone when I get home and then put my phone on Ultra Power savings mode at night before going to sleep.
When I wake up the next morning, the phone only drains about 2-3% and I'm ready to go.
I use to have 2 back up batteries in case I run out of juice but with Ultra power mode, there really is no need for me to have any batteries.
I guess the only possible reason to need a battery is if I plan to be away from an outlet where I couldn't change my phone for an extended period of time like on a weekend camping trip or something like that. YMMV

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I usually charge my phone when I get home and then put my phone on Ultra Power savings mode at night before going to sleep.
When I wake up the next morning, the phone only drains about 2-3% and I'm ready to go.
I use to have 2 back up batteries in case I run out of juice but with Ultra power mode, there really is no need for me to have any batteries.
I guess the only possible reason to need a battery is if I plan to be away from an outlet where I couldn't change my phone for an extended period of time like on a weekend camping trip or something like that. YMMV

I never thought of using ultra power saving at night, but then again I keep it on the wireless charger all night anyway.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I have yet to need ultra pws. I turn my phone off at night to charge. Force of habit from my RIM days.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Used Ultra Power Saver last night to test it out and WOW, what a difference. Woke up (after 6 + hours) with a 100% battery life. Think I forgot to add "clock" function when I did it though as my alarm didn't ring. :( No biggie though as it was a Saturday and I woke up before the alarm was supposed to ring anyway. I just noticed it didn't ring by coincidence. I added the clock, went into the alarms and double checked they were all on and set one for 5 minutes to test it. It worked fine. So, if you're going to use Ultra Power saver at night just make sure your alarms are set as a "app" to allow them to ring. Loved not having to worry about battery life being sucked up at night while not in use though. This is a neat option.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Used Ultra Power Saver last night to test it out and WOW, what a difference. Woke up (after 6 + hours) with a 100% battery life. Think I forgot to add "clock" function when I did it though as my alarm didn't ring. :( No biggie though as it was a Saturday and I woke up before the alarm was supposed to ring anyway. I just noticed it didn't ring by coincidence. I added the clock, went into the alarms and double checked they were all on and set one for 5 minutes to test it. It worked fine. So, if you're going to use Ultra Power saver at night just make sure your alarms are set as a "app" to allow them to ring. Loved not having to worry about battery life being sucked up at night while not in use though. This is a neat option.

Very cool

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I always have my power saving mode on 24/7. I always have with Samsung devices

Not a bad thought if your device spends a lot of time idle when off charger.

Just my opinion and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way for those who are wondering.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Just my opinion and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way for those who are wondering.

I definitely don't see any battery drain while idle so maybe that's why I've never thought twice to use it yet.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Lol love your disclaimer jcp.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I definitely don't see any battery drain while idle so maybe that's why I've never thought twice to use it yet.

I only noticed it as one time I was stuck in a three hour meeting and was still at 100%.

Just a comment based upon actual personal experience and not necessarily reflective of the experiences of others. The post is also not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way. Any resemblance to the nature of such a remark in totally unintentional to those who are wondering. I am not a paid attorney spokesperson nor am I an employee of Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa