Transfer of files to PC via USB stopped working

Greg2600

May 24, 2015
Visit site
This was working fine, and now all of a sudden, probably after an update, it stopped. I cannot get the phone to even begin a USB connection to my PC, only charges. I've tried fiddling with every setting imaginable. Incredible frustrating that the simplest things will not work on this phone. Awful job Samsung.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you plug the phone in via USB, is there a USB connection notification when you swipe the notification panel down? If so, tap it and make sure it's set to MTP.

It's also worth trying a different USB cable, since cables can fail.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
This was working fine, and now all of a sudden, probably after an update, it stopped. I cannot get the phone to even begin a USB connection to my PC, only charges. I've tried fiddling with every setting imaginable. Incredible frustrating that the simplest things will not work on this phone. Awful job Samsung.

Trying plugging into a different USB port.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

kathy13xia

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
You mentioned about an update, is it about the PC or the phone? I heard a lot about the new Android update and many phone owners said the latest OS performed badly, this may be the problem. But you can try with another USB cable, and you will know whether the issue is with the PC or your phone itself.

Greg2600

May 24, 2015
Visit site
The update was on the phone, but I don't remember what was updated. However, the other night phone decided to stop charging, and I had to have Verizon mail me a new one. So it's possible all my issues were due to a faulty micro-Usb port on the phone. Should have gotten the Droid Turbo instead.