s6 cases really necessory

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
A couple days back, someone posted a link to a case that I think also had an internal battery built into the case.
At least I think that's what it was.
It's something that caught my attention, but I can't remember what thread it was posted in.

Steve H Gotha

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I really didn't want to put a case on, but common sense prevailed for me and I went with a Spigen Neo Hybrid and I really like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have never had a case on any of my phones iPhone 1,4,5 / HTC M7 / S6. If there was a really thin wooden case I would try it out, but Im not sure they exist.

dreaming of electric sheep

Edwin Waldner

May 15, 2015
Visit site
If you want to resell your S6 in the future a case is absolutely necessary. Otherwise you'll get a lot less due to all the scratches.
This is my new wood case.
13f2b87b4f5136b0f895233b73075b63.jpg

crausch

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have always used cases in the past. Usually give a better grip with the right case. With the latest Gorilla glass on the S6 I wondered why I would need a case. I have dropped my past phones in cases and never had any problems. So, I ordered one for the S6 Spigen Slim Armor. The day before it arrived my S6 fell out of my pocket from only about 3 feet up. The phone still works but the glass back shattered. They should have used the Gorilla glass on the back. I am going to see about replacing the phone today. I plan to put my case on it before I leave the store.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Normally I don't use cases, but due to the fragile nature of the s6 I've been using a speck case. I also have a UAG on order which I will be switching to when it gets here. Around the house the phone is usually naked, but definitely cased when out.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Glass backs (& fronts) are a recipe for disaster. I use an Incipio Dual pro case on my S6 and it has already saved my phone once. Dropped it on the tile in the restroom at work! Hate to think what would have happened if it was naked.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I never use a case, but the S6 was slick enough that it never felt really secure in my hand. Even worse, it slides straight down if there's any sort of incline. So I got the official Samsung clear case, which is just a back and corner bumpers. It gives me extra grip and I can set it down without worrying it will slide onto the floor.

crausch

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have always used cases in the past. Usually give a better grip with the right case. With the latest Gorilla glass on the S6 I wondered why I would need a case. I have dropped my past phones in cases and never had any problems. So, I ordered one for the S6 Spigen Slim Armor. The day before it arrived my S6 fell out of my pocket from only about 3 feet up. The phone still works but the glass back shattered. They should have used the Gorilla glass on the back. I am going to see about replacing the phone today. I plan to put my case on it before I leave the store.

(UPDATE): Went to see about exchanging the cracked phone since I had purchased the protection plan. What a joke. They (AT&T) told me I have to wait 30 days before I can file a claim. On top of that I will need to pay a $200 deductible. What a rip off. I'll just keep the case on it and hope for the best. I'll be cancelling my protection plan also. SquareTrade protection is only $99 for two years and $75 deductible.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I really didn't want to put a case on, but common sense prevailed for me and I went with a Spigen Neo Hybrid and I really like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here. The case has a transparent plastic back so the blue tint of the glass still comes through nicely. It's a thin case so really not sacrificing the "slimness" at all while offering protection for the front screen with a slightly raised lip (protects the back camera surface as well).

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
the thinner these phones get, the more difficult they are to hold onto, while its a shame to cover the beauty of the S6, its an absolute necessity, Ive been good with handling of my phones over the years, but i also like laying them down on tables and putting them in cup holders, I want protection while doing so, so I use very low profile cases

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm a rebel. I'm running mine naked. Not about to cover up that silver looking gold phone. If I break it, I'll just buy another one...of something different unless that green is out by then..

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had it in a case since I received it. I'm been trying to get brave enough to go with a nice bumper though. I haven't seen many with a good enough lip on the front and back.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Spigen case -- Mainly because the S6 is slippery but also because I like the kickstand on the case for watching things :).