Why does my Galaxy S6 freeze while charging?

A

AC Question

My Galaxy S6 freeze while charging

When my galaxy S6 was in charging, at first, the battery logo shows, then screen blank, not respond to home key/sleep_wake switch. Don't know when it enter this mode. Only press sleep_wake switch and vol down for 7 second to reset it bring it to live.
Anyone have any idea about this?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy S6 freeze while charging

When my galaxy S6 was in charging, at first, the battery logo shows, then screen blank, not respond to home key/sleep_wake switch. Don't know when it enter this mode. Only press sleep_wake switch and vol down for 7 second to reset it bring it to live.
Anyone have any idea about this?

No offense but how long have you had your device? Given the issues that you have experienced, it may be time to do a warranty exchange.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

NoOrdinaryBro

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I have just received my new Samsung S6 Edge today, and I have the exact same problem.

When I charge it for more than two minutes, the charging light (red or green if it's fully charged) stays on even when you unplug and there is a black screen which does not respond. The only way is to restart by holding power button and volume down button for about 7 seconds.

I have contacted my seller and asked for a new phone as I think this is a factory-error in my phone.

Tyler Wilson93

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I have just received my new Samsung S6 Edge today, and I have the exact same problem.

When I charge it for more than two minutes, the charging light (red or green if it's fully charged) stays on even when you unplug and there is a black screen which does not respond. The only way is to restart by holding power button and volume down button for about 7 seconds.

I have contacted my seller and asked for a new phone as I think this is a factory-error in my phone.

I just got my "certified used" s6 yesterday and have had this problem about 6 times the first day. Not all while charging, sometimes just while in my pocket a few minutes. The only way to get the screen on is a manual reboot. Thought maybe it was because it was used, but I see it's a more common occurrence. Does anyone have a permanent fix to this that doesn't involve this phone getting smashed?