Is there a difference between a Fast changer and a rapid charger?

rdefino

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the charger that came with the S6, now is there a charger that will charge it faster? I thought what came with it does fast charging and you can get a rapid charger. Or maybe they are the same and just using difference terms.

thanks

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Depends on charger output. Fast charger charge at 9V 1.67A for fast charging and if rapid charger charge at same rate. Then no different and only problem would be if the charger is compatible with S6.

SM-G920F with Tapatalk

rdefino

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The charger that comes with the phone does fast charging. Question is is there another charger that will charge the phone faster? that does rapid charging, if that is even the correct term. I thought the S6 could be charged to 80% in 15mins.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The charger that comes with the phone does fast charging. Question is is there another charger that will charge the phone faster? that does rapid charging, if that is even the correct term. I thought the S6 could be charged to 80% in 15mins.
Nope. That's the fastest charge you'll get and no, it won't charge to anywhere near 80% in 15 min. I think the marketing says it'll give you 8 hours of
Battery life just from 15 min or something. You'll probably get to like 30% in that amount of time.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Anything that is listed as Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 will charge at the fast rate. It's suspected that Samsung licenses the technology from Qualcomm and just calls it a different name.

I have an off brand quick charge car charger and it works great with my S6.