Where are the files on the S6?

pilotwms

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've recently upgraded to the S6 for the S4 and I'm having a hard time with finding certain files on the S6 that I didn't have on the S4.

For example: The ringtones and notification files that are listed under "Default Notification Sound" under "Ringtones and Sounds". I have some custom made sounds I created and was using on the S4 that I want to bring over to the S6 and I can't find WHERE THEY ARE STORED! Can anyone help with this?

Also, when taking pictures or videos via the camera or downloading pic etc etc or capturing screen shots, where are they stored by default on the S6?

And, can you create your own folder - move those pic/video files over to it - and the phone will show them no matter what viewer you are using?!?!?

UURRGGHH!!! (Overwise...I like the phone.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've recently upgraded to the S6 for the S4 and I'm having a hard time with finding certain files on the S6 that I didn't have on the S4.

For example: The ringtones and notification files that are listed under "Default Notification Sound" under "Ringtones and Sounds". I have some custom made sounds I created and was using on the S4 that I want to bring over to the S6 and I can't find WHERE THEY ARE STORED! Can anyone help with this?
Look for a folder on sdcard named Ringtones and another one named Notifications. (There should also be one named Alarms.)

Also, when taking pictures or videos via the camera or downloading pic etc etc or capturing screen shots, where are they stored by default on the S6?
The default is set in the app, not the phone. Look in settings in the app. It should be DCIM (Digital Camera IMages) or some sub-folder in there.

And, can you create your own folder - move those pic/video files over to it - and the phone will show them no matter what viewer you are using?!?!?
Yes. The media scanner runs when you turn the phone on (or restart it or run an app like Rescan Media) and finds all the media files on the phone.

pilotwms

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So, here is what I found regarding Ringtone and Notification files:

NOTE: When going thru the process of changing my ringtone or Alarm sounds, I have a total of (28) sounds to choose from on the phone.
1) Going to SDCard folder, then Alarm folder, there were "0" files
2) Going to the Ringtone folder, there were "2" files
3) Going to the Notification folder, there were "2" files
And, all "4" files found were associated with two programs (2 files each program - The Weather Channel, Hangouts)

So, again...any ideas where these files are located?!?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I use "Ringtone maker" from app store. With this I can choose to edit or not, but best part is it allows me to put the tone into the Ringtone, alert, alarm files. Worth a look, pretty cool and free. I can set tones I used from iTunes that I had previously purchased for my iPhone. Email the tone to your phone then open it in Ringtone maker and put it where you want. Can't help you with your other issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall