so, does the screen need to be off or not?? (quick charging)

hunter777

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I've heard many things, that the screen needs to be off for quick charging to work

That it quick charges with screen on but not quite as quick as when it's off

And that it quick charges regardless

But of course this implies you're using a quick charger

So which are true? How does quick charging work if the screens on or when it's off?

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It charges faster when the device is off. I have been doing it out if habit since my first smartphone.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference in charging time is between charging with the phone turned off and charging with it turned on?

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference in charging time is between charging with the phone turned off and charging with it turned on?

Consider this ... When I have my S6 ON, but the Screen OFF ... my phone loses about 1% an hour, at most. Seeing that quick-charge will get your roughly 100% in about 1.5 hours (at most), I can't imagine that having the phone off would speed things up in any considerable manner.

IOW, I would much rather have my phone on while quick charging, be able to use and/or respond to anyone, etc., and wait the extra 5 minutes that it takes to fully charge it vs. not having the phone on at all during charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38