Which messaging app?

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll complain about this in one more thread. I like Messenger, too. But, why don't they let you see the message you're responding to in quick reply? And why can't you mark as read from the notification? Seems simple and obvious. That's one thing I like better in iOS. Simple and polished.

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Ok i am going to try stock for awhile... Looks cool... At least until they update textra pro.... Thanks All!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Textra has been my primary text app until I bought a Gear S smartwatch so I have to use the stock app so that I'll be able to reply from the text app on the watch.

BTW, never had any crashing issues using Textra so try deleting the app, clear the cache partition and reinstall the app.

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The one app Verizon has made that is worth a darn.... Verizon Message+. Great texting app, with tons of visual customizations. Also has ability to autoreply to text if it senses you're driving (sync'd to car bluetooth). Server side storage of texts, and restorations if you factory reset. Overall, the best texting app I've used that was free (with Verizon phones).

lacit1707

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
have you used Textra and Google Messanger?

Just curious, i have only used the stock messanger, which i dont have a problem with but will be trying these other 3 to make a decision...

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If I use Verizon Messages+, is Integrated Messages automatically activated? If I don't have Integrated Messages activated, can I still send texts over wifi through Verizon Messages +.

Also, Messages + acts like a normal messaging app where I can save all text messages with SMS Backup like stock, correct? I think it is only Integrated that stores 90 days online.

If I try it, do I make it the default? After a couple of weeks, if go back to stock, all the texts from previous two weeks will be in stock too, correct?

Thanks for any info.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know of one that supports gifs.

Sent from my T-Mobile Black Sapphire 64gig Galaxy S6

I use a combo of Textra Pro and Fleksy keyboard. The keyboard has built in gifs that work. I think you can upload your own, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm I just learned Google Messenger has quick reply ... I may have to give that a try. I would be shocked if it could take me away from ChompSMS (I have used that for years).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm I just learned Google Messenger has quick reply ... I may have to give that a try. I would be shocked if it could take me away from ChompSMS (I have used that for years).
Gotta branch out...

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah, messaging apps! I've used a few. I REALLY liked Chomp SMS (I had the free version) - I loved the customization to pieces! - but it started glitching on me, so I switched to Textra. It has a few less bells and whistles than Chomp, in my opinion, but I like it. Hangouts bugged out on me, too, and there was another messaging app that I had used for a while, too... But I forget what it was called. Anyway, I am sticking with Textra for now!

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I liked the stock before, but it wakes up the screen when i receive an SMS!

I use Google Messenger now and ill never go back! Plain and simple and with the perfect Lollipop feel...