Battery and Heat Issues

AnonymousCoupe

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
I transitioned from my original Moto X to an S6 a couple of weeks ago.
I know battery life isn't supposed to be great on this phone, but it is worse than I expected. It's 1:30pm and I am at 50% and have not used it that much. Looking at the battery page in settings, Android system has taken up 18% and Cell standby has taken up 15%. The next biggest detractor is Screen which is only at 4%. I don't remember cell standy and android system taking up so much battery on my Moto X. Is this unusual? My phone also seems to heat up easily. I am on at&t and use Nova launcher as my home screen (I used themer as well which was not any more efficient).

Thanks

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Do you of Location Reporting on? Do you have Google Location History on?

These will drain your battery faster. I love the services associated with them but unfortunately the S6 does not seem to fair well in terms of battery life when they are turned on.

Posted via the Android Central App

AnonymousCoupe

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Do you of Location Reporting on? Do you have Google Location History on?

These will drain your battery faster. I love the services associated with them but unfortunately the S6 does not seem to fair well in terms of battery life when they are turned on.

Thanks for the response.
Won't turning those services off stop navigation from working? I use Waze daily

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response.
Won't turning those services off stop navigation from working? I use Waze daily

Turning off location history shouldn't affected navigation. Google maps seems to work perfectly for me with thr history turned off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87