How do I reset the backup password on my G-S6?

A

AC Question

how do i reset the backup password on my G-S6

I am using finger print now but don't know what backup password is.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i reset the backup password on my G-S6

You can go into the lock screen and security settings, screen lock type, it'll ask for your fingerprint, than choose the pin or password you'll like.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Settings > Lock Screen and security > Under Security, Fingerprints(use fingerprint to open) then "Change backup password".

Jenny Page

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

My s6 did not recognise my fingerprint and I forgot my backup password please help me reset

Posted via the Android Central App

BadRobot

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I want to pass on my experiences (similar to yours) hoping that it will help...

Like many others, after several failed attempts to use my fingerprint to unlock my phone, I was being asked for a backup password. Unfortunately, the one I had written down did not work. At one point, the phone asked me to log-in with Google. Possibly due to the fact that I use a Google Apps account or because I have 2-step authentication, that didn't work. I also tried Android Device Manager, but it wouldn't let me change the lock code because the phone was already locked. What a waste of a service if it really doesn't let you manage the phone.. but that's another topic.

I was locked out of my phone for hours (which sucks when you have 2-step authentication, believe me!)

But, Samsung to the rescue. I read a tip that Samsung's "Find My Mobile" can remotely unlock your phone. Sure enough, "Find My Mobile" is Android Device Manager done right. You're able to put your phone into power saving mode, unlock the screen, check call logs, be alerted if someone changes your SIM, locate the device, wipe the phone and more. Using a tablet, I unlocked my Note 5 and I was back in business. This time, I added each of my thumbprints twice to help improve accuracy and double checked my backup password.

Enable Samsung's Find My Mobile to save yourself if you're in a similar situation. findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com/mindex.jsp#