My first week with my Galaxy s6

capblueberry

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So I upgraded last Saturday from an s4 to an s6. I really like the phone but initially it was getting REALLY warm to the point where i was about to return it, well after a few days it calmed down a bit so i held onto it and since i got it at best buy i also received a $100 gift card which i used to purchase a wireless charging pad (instead of a case for the time being)

Well about the 2nd night with my phone i received a text message and an email and the vibrations from those 2 things caused my phone to vibrate off the pad and onto my hardwood floor and i also noticed at this time that it hadn't been charging most of the night...thinking this was a freak accident i continued to use the charging pad like normal (i did push it further back onto the table) and 2 nights ago it vibrated off it AGAIN and once again hadn't charged most of the night. (it was at 30% at 5am)...i've had smart phones on that table for 3 years and never had any phones try to commit suicide off of it until i bought this wireless charging pad.

SO that next day, fed up with the wireless charger i decided to return it but while at work i noticed something else with my phone...a CRACK ran all the way from the left side to the right side towards the top of the screen (not very noticeable while looking straight on) but REALLY pissed me off. So when i reached best buy i returned the charger and explained to them how easily my phone was coming off the charge pad and falling onto the floor and i also brought up the issue with the over heating. They, to my surprise, swapped the phone out for me for no charge which i immediately purchased an otterbox commuter. To repair the screen would have been $250...now i'm a happy with a new phone and no crack and a fully charged phone. :D

Moral of the story: Best buy > verizon...always get a case...don't use the wireless charging pad

Last edited by a moderator:

thesmj

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I made the same upgrade from an S4 to S6 on Sunday at Best Buy. Verizon was offering a $200 BB gift card (unfortunately not stackable with the $100 offer).

I took the $200 card.

capblueberry

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Not only that but a lot of cases still let you use wireless chargers. Even the Otterbox defender has wireless charging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My issue with the phone vibrating off the charger was only half the issue i had with the device. I would set my phone on it before sleeping and i think 1 night out of 6 i actually woke up in the morning and it was fully charged. I just didn't have any confidence in it and it was too picky as to how the phone had to sit on it. Not a good product imo.

I got the Otterbox commuter, i was a little skeptical at first to get one just because of the size, but i've been very happy with it. I like how it goes in the rubber casing before going into the plastic part.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a commuter on my s4. Good cases but that hard plastic on the outside will crack/break eventually. The one I had on my s4 looked like it had done 3 tours of active duty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So I upgraded last Saturday from an s4 to an s6. I really like the phone but initially it was getting REALLY warm to the point where i was about to return it, well after a few days it calmed down a bit so i held onto it and since i got it at best buy i also received a $100 gift card which i used to purchase a wireless charging pad (instead of a case for the time being)

Well about the 2nd night with my phone i received a text message and an email and the vibrations from those 2 things caused my phone to vibrate off the pad and onto my hardwood floor and i also noticed at this time that it hadn't been charging most of the night...thinking this was a freak accident i continued to use the charging pad like normal (i did push it further back onto the table) and 2 nights ago it vibrated off it AGAIN and once again hadn't charged most of the night. (it was at 30% at 5am)...i've had smart phones on that table for 3 years and never had any phones try to commit suicide off of it until i bought this wireless charging pad.

SO that next day, fed up with the wireless charger i decided to return it but while at work i noticed something else with my phone...a CRACK ran all the way from the left side to the right side towards the top of the screen (not very noticeable while looking straight on) but REALLY pissed me off. So when i reached best buy i returned the charger and explained to them how easily my phone was coming off the charge pad and falling onto the floor and i also brought up the issue with the over heating. They, to my surprise, swapped the phone out for me for no charge which i immediately purchased an otterbox commuter. To repair the screen would have been $250...now i'm a happy with a new phone and no crack and a fully charged phone. :D

Moral of the story: Best buy > verizon...always get a case...don't use the wireless charging pad

Best Buy Rocks

The folks from Samsung at Best Buy are a great help .
And if you got a new phone or need help operating your phone, About everything they do is Free.

Really like the Samsung people.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The wireless charger charges to full then starts discharging while still on the charger. This is a known issue with the Samsung wireless plate anyway. I only use it as a "top off" charger. Overnight I leave it on the fast charger or if it's at 100% put it in ultra sleep mode and stays charged while still allowing text , calls, alarms etc... to come through. I think i lose maybe 1-2% in ultra power mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Were you using the Samsung Wireless Charger?

Because there is a rubber ring that should stop the phone from slipping off the pad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non