Fast Charger not working

willsully1221

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My fast charger isn't working, it says the same amount of time left as a normal charger. When it's plugged in though, it still says Fast Charging in my notifications. I've tried all the troubleshooting such as making sure it's plugged in fully, I swapped and got a replacement (problem still happens), etc. I know this is brought up a lot but I can't find any people who have had this problem with similar characteristics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried replacing the USB cable? I once used my older (S5) cable by mistake without realising it was a bit damaged and I got only normal charging speeds. Replacing the cable with the proper one fixed this.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
It's my understanding that fast charging only works when the screen is off, and pauses, or switches to normal charging when the screen turns on. If you are constantly waking the phone to see if its fast charging it won't be.

Like I said, that's my understanding, maybe someone else could back that up?

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding that fast charging only works when the screen is off, and pauses, or switches to normal charging when the screen turns on. If you are constantly waking the phone to see if its fast charging it won't be.

Like I said, that's my understanding, maybe someone else could back that up?

Mine says fast charging any time I pull down the notification shade. Even when I'm using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine used to say fast charging all the time now only says fast charging when powered down. Otherwise it says... "your phone can charge faster if you use the power cord supplied with it upon purchase" Except I am. And it doesn't.

willsully1221

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the entire cord and plug replaced so it's not the charger. Also, I read that too but was not sure how true that was

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Any phone will charge "faster" while screen off or powered down. This isnt the phone actually charging faster than normal but the battery filling up quicker as nothing is draining it while it is charging.