5.1.1 UK update

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have just received the update on an unlocked galaxy s6 on ee, already ive noticed a few bugs. My phone has lost the wallpaper motion feature that I previously had on 5.0.2 although it now gives me the option to turn this on and off which I didn't have before, strange. I also don't have the auto stop feature in battery settings which is the feature I was most looking forward to. Is anyone else missing this feature?
I haven't noticed much of a change in battery but il update after a few days usage.

Posted via Android Central App

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Had no issues after updating on EE yesterday. ... no reset just a cache partition wipe.... not really seeing a difference in speed or battery as yet. .... but it never suffered from lag or speed issues before. .. still uses a lot of the 3gb of ram constantly. ..

via the Android Central App With S6 Edge

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Not bugs, then, but changed or missing features.

I would say giving the option to turn on wallpaper motion and it not working is a bug especially as it worked previously on 5.0.2 but your also right about the missing features. I think auto starts is a pretty big feature to be missing. I don't understand why all phones just don't get the same features.

Posted via Android Central App

OddJobMan61

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Received the 5.1.1 update yesterday and now have a couple of bad bugs.
1. The phone keeps randomly dropping GSM network connection.
2. The Samsung splash screen keeps randomly popping up.
3. When connected to my PC with a USB cable it keeps loosing the connection.
4. While all this connection dropping is going on it is over heating and killing the battery, 50% in less than an hour.

128gb S6 on Vodafone UK

Anyone else having these problems?

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like you need to reset to factory settings. .. hopefully that will sort it out. Bit of a pain tho

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Settings
Backup and Reset
Setup from scratch is a pain depending on how many accounts you have but it's always a good idea. .. you can also do a back up before you restore

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I got this update about 2 weeks ago, strange that some people are just receiving this? I noticed an increase in battery life by about 10% and in the camera app, when you touch to focus, you have this cool slider option to increase / decrease the lighting. I'm on O2 fwiw

chef laszlo

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
giffgaff card in my s6 in the UK (purchased in Portugal) Build #:LRX22G.G20FXXU1A0E3

couple days ago phone went on factory download by itself. after 8 hours was unplugged, battery died and (i think) download interrupted. after battery charge still with android version 5.0.2.

is that download was the 5.1.1. update? or something else? it will come again (automatically) because phone dont show new available updates.

thanks