Galaxy S6 screen doesn't respond

MsKing2014

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I purchased a Samsung galaxy S6 on June 5th. On Sunday morning it was working fine. Sunday afternoon, I tried to use it and the screen will not recognize my touch. Everything works on the phone. The screen illuminates, it rings, I can talk on the phone through my car but I cannot do anything that involves using the screen. The back button will work but that is it. Unfortunately, I have a pin code security on the phone. I took it to Sprint and they had no idea and had never seen this happen before on the this phone.

1. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried the reset, doesn't work.
2. Does anyone know how to get my data, like pics, off my phone considering I cannot unlock the phone because the screen doesn't respond?

PLEASE HELP. I have very important pics on my phone and they don't back up to google. UGH!
Thanks,
Jenn

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to unlock your device to be able to view the content of your phone when you plug it up via a computer? (Don't remember)

If it doesnt have to be unlocked, you can get your pictures off using a computer.

I know with Smart Switch, the phone has to be unlocked for it to back up phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why the device is not responding to touch. It could be a hardware defect
Or, the device could have been exposed to moisture. Have you tried contacting Samsung in the meantime for a warranty claim?

MsKing2014

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried but the senior tech at sprint did and he said you have to be able to unlock the phone. :(

He said he would do some research to see if there is a way to bypass it.

MsKing2014

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
That is my next move. I plan to call them tonight because I left the box at home. It hasn't been exposed to moisture. It was working fine and then within maybe 15 minutes, I took it out to use it and nothing! I'm so frustrated!
Thanks for your help btw.

MsKing2014

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I talked to them. They would wipe the data if I sent it to them and no way to get the data off without the screen working to unlock the phone. I guess I need a good hacker lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress