my places

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I keep getting the pop up in my pull down window for My Places. Have no idea what it is and it wont stop poping up. If clicked it send you to location setting, then nothing after that. Anyone know what is is or how to get rid of it?

Posted via the GS6

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting the pop up in my pull down window for My Places. Have no idea what it is and it wont stop poping up. If clicked it send you to location setting, then nothing after that. Anyone know what is is or how to get rid of it?

Posted via the GS6
I believe it may be a pre-installed Samsung/Carrier app that may be disabled from the settings. Go into system settings > applications > sort by all > My Places (it might be named something else, so take a close look). See if you can select the disable feature.

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I believe it may be a pre-installed Samsung/Carrier app that may be disabled from the settings. Go into system settings > applications > sort by all > My Places (it might be named something else, so take a close look). See if you can select the disable feature.

I was able to force stop it but not disable it.

Posted via the GS6

pamelany80

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Try the app package disabler pro in the google app store. It's $1.95 but worth it, only for samsung phones. When you load the app search for location widget and that's my places which you can disable, among many others if you wish. No root needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress