Phone calls only work on speakerphone.

DLW3555

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden, in the middle of a call, the other person could not hear me. It was not accidentally switched to speaker (I checked). After trying to call back a few times, I figured out it would work on speaker.

I found a thread where someone said they took a pin and cleaned out the small mic, and that worked for them. Having no pin, I tried a paperclip ... and it seemed to work ... for a couple minutes. Now its back to speaker only!

Also ... I now notice that when I try and use voice Google ... The phone does not hear my voice. This phone is only about 6 or 7 weeks old.

I miss my Galaxy S4

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden, in the middle of a call, the other person could not hear me. It was not accidentally switched to speaker (I checked). After trying to call back a few times, I figured out it would work on speaker.

I found a thread where someone said they took a pin and cleaned out the small mic, and that worked for them. Having no pin, I tried a paperclip ... and it seemed to work ... for a couple minutes. Now its back to speaker only!

Also ... I now notice that when I try and use voice Google ... The phone does not hear my voice. This phone is only about 6 or 7 weeks old.

I miss my Galaxy S4

Sorry, but it maybe hardware related and your best option will be the warranty. Have the phone being wet or maybe got a bump or direct hit on the mic area?

You can always try to do a Factory reset first, just in case it's software related but according to your description of the problem it seems to be hardware related.

DLW3555

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I was afraid it was hardware. No ... not been wet, dropped or damaged at all.

Unfortunately, I am 600 miles from home, in an ICU unit with my daughter, and no transportation. I get all my phones through Best Buy, so I wish I could get to a Best Buy here.

Brand new phone and issues already ... not happy about that.