Galaxy S6 - Crackling sound from internal speaker, how can I fix it?

gumbo3

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has solved this yet, but I just bought a Galaxy S6 and after the system updated I started having the same problem. The crackling only occurred when I was listening to audio online, so I updated Google and Google Chrome and it fixed the problem immediately. Something worth trying.

Updating Google & Google Chrome worked for me........I was bout to throw my Note 5 in the trash too....lol.....thanks dude.

logjammin

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
For future frustrated users who found this via Google like I did...

I was able to (finally) resolve this issue by placing my lips around the speaker on the bottom of the phone and "sucking," essentially creating a vacuum. I was shocked when it worked, but, well, there you go. Good luck.

Jeconsultant

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
For future frustrated users who found this via Google like I did...

I was able to (finally) resolve this issue by placing my lips around the speaker on the bottom of the phone and "sucking," essentially creating a vacuum. I was shocked when it worked, but, well, there you go. Good luck.

I shall completely second this easy fix. I have 6 galaxy s6 for staff and everyone of them within a month had the distortion. Now with sucking on the speaker at the bottom of the phones, they all sound as they should do and back to normal. Go figure!

JoshMaxwell

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I shall completely second this easy fix. I have 6 galaxy s6 for staff and everyone of them within a month had the distortion. Now with sucking on the speaker at the bottom of the phones, they all sound as they should do and back to normal. Go figure!

I literally created an account to verify this. Crackling was very irritating and this fixed it instantly

Jayzen2016

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I literally created an account to verify this. Crackling was very irritating and this fixed it instantly

This really does work! I literally tried everything else and figured what the hell. I'm a bit of a germophone though so instead of sucking on the speaker with my lips I used a disposable liquid medicine syringe with a press in bottle adapter. Worked instantly on the first try! So happy I found this thread and avoided going through an entire warranty process for garbled speaker issues. No idea why this fixes it but it works!!!

Jayzen2016

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
This really does work! I literally tried everything else and figured what the hell. I'm a bit of a germophone though so instead of sucking on the speaker with my lips I used a disposable liquid medicine syringe with a press in bottle adapter. Worked instantly on the first try! So happy I found this thread and avoided going through an entire warranty process for garbled speaker issues. No idea why this fixes it but it works!!!

*germophobe

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
I fixed mine 100% by simply turning the volume up full wait a second or two then back down to the desired volume. QED, fixed. Nothing else worked.

Dnez007

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 - Crackling sound from internal speaker

Finally fixed!!!
This is for those who are still facing the issue even after trying all the things mentioned in this thread.
After three days of struggle and multiple resets and settings change, I managed to fix the cracking sound by changing the Sound equalizer to POP from NORMAL. So just keep changing and hope it works for you all.
And still no one knows why are we facing this weird issue!!!

NM_texas

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
This crackling sound has been happening on my phone for about 6 months. I've had the phone for 2 years. Every time it happens I figure it will blow up my phone... Today I sat down and scoured everything I could find on Google. Nothing I found worked. Desperate I thought to try opening the app with the icon versus the home button (turn option off in camera settings. I cannot get it to crackle! Even changing from from to rear camera has stopped crackling. How crazy is if that's the fix. Anyone have the crackle that turned off the home screen open and uses the icon only?