Is it worth buying S6 now? Or wait for S7?

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Apparently Galaxy S7 will be coming in half a year. I really like S6 but is it worth buying it now, or would you wait another 6 months and get a newer version? I would get a white S6 with a black lifeproof case (male here that doesn't think white is for girls,I actually think white looks very classy).

Another thing, apparently S7 will have 5.5 inch screen? Is that too big in your opinion?

Cheers!

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the s7 will keep the size of the s6 as the note series is usually that big. But if I was you, having the s6 now, I'd wait for the s7. I love this phone but hate the battery life. Hopefully Samsung realizes alot of people are having battery issues and puts a bigger battery in the s7. Granted some people are getting great battery life.

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Well battery is not a big problem to me.i don't travel very often and even if I do, is really easy to bring a charger with me.

So you think the online articles claiming the S7 will have 5.5 inch screen are just rumours? I've read a number of online polls related to an ideal phone size, and it appears that a big majority prefer the phone between 4-5 inch size. Wouldn't Samsung lose a big portion of the market of they decide to do something life that?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well battery is not a big problem to me.i don't travel very often and even if I do, is really easy to bring a charger with me.

So you think the online articles claiming the S7 will have 5.5 inch screen are just rumours? I've read a number of online polls related to an ideal phone size, and it appears that a big majority prefer the phone between 4-5 inch size. Wouldn't Samsung lose a big portion of the market of they decide to do something life that?
We will see when it comes out, but I would guess that the s7 would be less than 5.5,which would cannibalize some note 6 sales.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

mlrz24

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I would just get the S6. In my opinion it's unlikely that Samsung will cave and put a bigger battery in the S7. I love mine. Battery isn't an issue for me but I have a tablet that's my work horse and I upped my data plan so I can stay off wifi which helps the battery life too. Phone is crazy powerful!

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
There's always a better device coming when the next version is released. Focus on what's available now - I just got my S6 and am infatuated with it...

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If battery is of no concern to you and if your carrier is offering a very good deal on the S6 right now, id say go with the S6. I love my S6, ive had it since launch and it offers everything i need in a tight package.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Granted that there are rumors of a Feb 2016 GS7 release but more tech sites are picking up the rumor. If you start to see the GS6 price coming down, get it from a value perspective especially if it's been a while since you updated. Had mine since launch and still love it. If you can wait a few months, then grab the GS7. If not having the latest and greatest isn't important but cost is, get the GS6 as it will still be a great device at a great price.

Posted via the Android Central App

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I guess you guys are right, as new devices are always coming onto the market. But its quite tempting knowing that in half a year there will be an upgraded galaxy in the stores..

Another question. My work requires me to move a lot, squat, bend and even lay down. Do you think lifeproof case wood be sufficient to protect my phone from bending in my front pocket?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Haven't ever heard of any bending issues and I have had mine since launch day when I slapped a Defender case on it. The Lifeproof case is a bit pricey but should work fine.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Right now everything is rumors. Unless it's from Samsung.

I would love to see the s7 with a bigger screen

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Interested in your thoughts about the Snapdragon 820 vs Exynos 8890 chipsets.

That is beyond my scope. I have never gotten into looking into the chipsets and learning enough about them. Let me leave a message for one that is really familiar with Samsung and all the technical aspects of phones and the workings and get him to come over here when he is back online.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Apparently Galaxy S7 will be coming in half a year. I really like S6 but is it worth buying it now, or would you wait another 6 months and get a newer version? I would get a white S6 with a black lifeproof case (male here that doesn't think white is for girls,I actually think white looks very classy).

Another thing, apparently S7 will have 5.5 inch screen? Is that too big in your opinion?

Cheers!

Half year is still a long time. If you are over do for an upgrade in would do it. Regardless on how great the next version of the galaxy this one will still be amazing and will not be out dated. This is just a gorgeous phone and I love the camera. I do wish it had better battery, but the fact that it supports fast charging isn't an issue for me.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My S6 Edge gets incredible battery life. I would buy the S6 (or edge) in a heartbeat. Phenomenal phone.
of course, many will disagree with everything I just said.

Buy it. S7 is a LONG ways away and Feb is just a rumor someone pulled out of their arse.
They might announce / reveal it in Feb but will be available to pre order in march, and will ship in early April. - my guess.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My S6 Edge gets incredible battery life. I would buy the S6 (or edge) in a heartbeat. Phenomenal phone.
of course, many will disagree with everything I just said.

Buy it. S7 is a LONG ways away and Feb is just a rumor someone pulled out of their arse.

Sammobile never pulls anything out of anywhere lol. They will tell when things are just rumor or confirmed, but they have always had a good inside source and are almost always spot on with their rumors.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I think the s6 is still worth it. The display processor , and camera is top notch and Samsung is supporting it. Every update keeps getting better and better.

The s6 is one of the rare options of a regular sized consumer phone. Every other flagship you see now is a huge phablet that is annoying to hold on a daily basis.

The price of the s6 is a good price now. Battery life sucks but wireless charging and quick charging helps keep your battery topped off and at a high level throught the day.

Grown to love mine even with the ram management issues in the beginning. Updates fixed it.

Theming and nova will hide touchwiz if you dont want to use their launcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress