Waffling on going to the S6

mcm127

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello AC community! I have just switched from an iPhone 6+ to a Galaxy Note 5. I've had this thing since Saturday the 10th, and I am really enjoying the OS and the device itself.. There is one issue, I held both the Note 5 and the S6 in my hand at the store and I liked them both. The Note 5 is smaller and not nearly as awkward as the 6+ was for sure. I like the idea of the S pen as well... What I'm curious about and asking you S6 users is this.. Is the S6 a significant downgrade? I am thinking the size will make it actually more practical, as in for an armband for the gym and just overall being more convenient.. How about the battery life? Would I be blowing it here?

I am just waffling! driving myself crazy! :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The battery life is a huge downgrade. That alone would keep me from getting the S6. If that matters to you, I'd just stick with the Note 5. Eventually you just get used to using a big phone and you won't want to go back to a smaller one

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Agreed with this. Battery is a big downgrade and quite frankly disappointment to me on the S6. Stay with the Note 5 is what I would do. If I could upgrade to the Note 5 without taking a loss on my S6 I would. Maybe they will listen and the S7 will have a better battery life.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello AC community! I have just switched from an iPhone 6+ to a Galaxy Note 5. I've had this thing since Saturday the 10th, and I am really enjoying the OS and the device itself.. There is one issue, I held both the Note 5 and the S6 in my hand at the store and I liked them both. The Note 5 is smaller and not nearly as awkward as the 6+ was for sure. I like the idea of the S pen as well... What I'm curious about and asking you S6 users is this.. Is the S6 a significant downgrade? I am thinking the size will make it actually more practical, as in for an armband for the gym and just overall being more convenient.. How about the battery life? Would I be blowing it here?

I am just waffling! driving myself crazy! :)

I switched to an S6 from a Note 4. Not the Note 5. So I'll only be able to help you with the issues regarding size and battery life. Because the build etc are almost the same.

Trust me, size is a big issue! Even though I got used to the size of the Note 4 eventually, the first call I attended on the S6 made me realise how much of a blessing a smaller sized phone is as compared to a larger one. It's wayyyyyy more easier to use and carry. And actually feels much more like a PHONE. The pocket ability plus the satisfaction of holding the phone with one hand and using it is a big plus to me. And even though I loved watching content on a big screen, I love the smaller size and I don't think I'll ever jump on a bigger size again.

Note that I've had the Note 3 as well as the Note 4 previously.

The second thing, battery life. It's not as good as it is on the Note 5. Simply put. Yes it will be a downgrade. As it was for me too when I switched from the Note 4. But the size and everything else was such an upgrade for me that it didn't matter AT ALL.

But in your case, you have practically the same phones with the different sizes. The size matters! But the battery life, ummmm depends on your use. If you're a medium to heavy user and don't mind tweaking some settings once in the beginning you can get good battery life. For example I've just disabled crap apps like S voice and turned off location based Google now cards and I can get 4 hours of SOT easily. I'm a medium to heavy user.

Plus if you can get the edge, you'll get THE edge! I love the edge.

I've shared with you my experience. I hope it helped.

Posted via the Android Central App

mcm127

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I have been using the note 5 for a full week now and I just think a smaller phone will be better for me, I am hoping I can get some decent battery life out of my phone. I am looking forward to giving it a go. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. The edge you say? Think so? I'll ask to see that one as well

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I have been using the note 5 for a full week now and I just think a smaller phone will be better for me, I am hoping I can get some decent battery life out of my phone. I am looking forward to giving it a go. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. The edge you say? Think so? I'll ask to see that one as well

If you're into owning something beautiful and unique then yes! Try the edge too! It's probably the sexiest phone out there right now. And it's not just me who says that. Watch the reviews.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87