Samsung S6 & Outlook.com calendar problems

xPETEZx

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

So it appears that an issue that I last encountered on my Galaxy S3, also still exists on my S6.

Basically I have an Outlook.com e-mail account, which also has my calendar & contacts set to Sync via Exchange Active Sync.

I am the co-owner of my wife's calendar and also have 'Free-Busy' and 'Event Titles' for some of my freinds. In total about 6 calendars.

On my using the default Sync backend I get only my primary Calendar sync'ed to my phone.
Most annoyingly it also seems to flatten some (but not all?) of my other calendars so the events appears as if they are mine.
So I am seeing events from some of my freinds calendars added to my calendar as if they where mine.
I dont see my wife's entries at all. (And am Co-owner of her calendar)

This issue seems to be related to the S6 back end, as all Calendar Apps (S-Planner, Google Calendar, Sunrise) all show the same entries.

My Wife has a Sony Z3 and also has a bunch of calendars on her Outlook.com account.
On the Z3 they all sync down correctly.

My previous phone was a HTC One M8, likewise all my calendars sync'ed correctly on this too.

The last phone I had this problem with is my S3 prior to the M8.

I wonder if anybody has replaced/found a fix for the Samsung S6 Exchange Sync back-end?
I tried using the Outlook.com App, but this wasnt great. It still has the error where it wont let you edit contacts on the phone. (Thus meaning I need to add my outlook.com account both to the app and to the local phones exchange back end to get everything sync'ed up. ... not ideal.)

Any help appreciated!

Gerda van Loo

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have experienced the same problems! I thought it was something of the Galaxy Core, but now it is still a problem on my new S6. Totally dissapointed in the collaboration between Samsung, Google and Microsoft. The strange thing is that when I install the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account with outlook.com account, it synchronizes onces and then everything. It takes a while but then it's there. But after that first sync no further syncs occur.

Strangely on an S4 it works fully, with the same settings and the same outlook.com account. Samsung please help out. If you cannot organise a sync between the outlook.com calendar and the Splanner (or Samsung/android calendar) this will be my last Samsung telephone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non