Why aren't I seeing trf'd photos & videos in S6 standard apps?

A

AC Question

Not seeing trf'd photos & videos in S6 standard apps.

I have several mp4 slideshow files that I could easily view on my S4 using the phone's built-in "Video" app. I moved them to my new S6 via my PC & put them in the same location on the S6 but they don't show up in the Video app.

If I record a video on the phone's camera, it goes under the \DCMI\Camera subfolder and is .mp4. But when I put a slideshow .mp4 beside it, the Video app still doesn't find my file. And if I move the video recorded on the phone off phone and put it back on, then it's also not visible in the Video app.

The same goes for photos and albums I moved. I can't see them at all in the phone's "Gallery" app.

The files are functional. I can find and open/play my file using the built-in My Files app. (Navigate to subfolder and file and play it.) But I want to see all such files together (along with new ones I take on phone) in one app. I could do this the S4 so I assume it should be possible on the S6.

I've tried clearing cache for these apps, clearing the phone's cache, and rebooting phone. No luck. These apps don't seem to have any settings that I can find. It's like they aren't finding the files on the phone. I've also tried moveing them from phone to phone via Samsung's

Any ideas why???

PaulZak

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why aren't I seeing trf'd photos & videos in S6 standard apps?

That's correct.

Any ideas why they don't show up in GALLERY or VIDEO apps? Samsung support just said to wipe my phone, which might be a lot of work to reconfigure AND I'm not convinced they believe it's a likely fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89