Voice Commands over Bluetooth and Maps Navigation over Bluetooth Problem, Can I Please Get Some Help?

A

AC Question

Voice Commands over Bluetooth and Maps Navigation over Bluetooth Problem

Phone: Galaxy S6
Car: Toy Camry 2012 Bluetooth has BT Audio and Phone options. It doesn't do voice dialing via the car bluetooth.
Problem: I have a work iPhone5 and this Galaxy is my personal phone.
I connect to bluetooth fine with the phone. Can play music through audio all that works great but I can't for the life of me figure out 2 things:
1. I want google maps voice navigation to lower the volume of the radio (when it's in FM mode) and spit out voice navigation. It does it when I have the music playing over the source bluetooth audio, and voice navigation goes over BT audio source. But it won't go over the FM source (or CD, or well anything).
The iPhone does that.
2. Since I do not have voice dialing built into my car on the iPhone I just hold the home key down and it speaks over the car speakers (muting the FM source, CD Source, whatever source I am using) and says, "Say a command" and I reply "Call Jason" and it'll dial. I've never successfully gotten an android to do this - all my phones (all 2) prior to Android have done this. Can I set the Samsung S6 to do as the iPhone does?

tl;dr: Need maps voice navigation and voice commands to go over FM source like the iPhone does.

I just got the car with Bluetooth, that is why it never mattered with my previous Android device.
I'm asking here before I return this phone and go to the iPhone darkside (Really don't want to, I love this S6)

Thank you!

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
the answer is no and yes.
-for 1. - this is normal. you will only hear audio from the phone when you select bluetooth audio as source. you can't have fm radio AND bluetooth audio both selected at the same time. the iphone can do it because it does it in a different way. iphones can not handle audio over bluetooth. it can only do voice calls over bluetooth so when you use maps on your iphone and there is a voice guidance, the iphone emulates a phone call and sends the maps voice guidance over bluetooth as it would do with a normal voice call and thats why it will cut off the fm radio or cd source.
a workaround will be for you to download an app like tunein radio and listen to the radio on your phone. this way the navigation voice will go over the radio
-for 2. - you can use voice commands on your android. open google settings and go to - Search and Now - Voice - Ok Google detection - and enable From any screen. now all you have to do is turn the screen on and say OK GOOGLE then say what you want it to do like CALL JIM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38