How to fix the fingerprint scanner on the Samsung Galaxy S6 4G

markwasley

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
My fingerprint recognition stopped working (it hasn't stopped working altogether; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't) on my Samsung Galaxy S6 4G about a month ago. One of two things happens: either I need to keep trying to swipe my fingerprint for up to a dozen times before it finally works OR my phone asks me for my backup password.

Apparently this is a very common problem. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem that does NOT involve doing a factory reset?

Posted via the Android Central App

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
When you say swipe, are you actuallt swiping rather than placing and hold your finger steady - the scanner tech changed from the s5 to the s6 - s5 was a wipe action, s6 is a place and wait. So dont swipe to register or activate the scanner.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod Note, Cleaned up a post. I understand that the op is frustrated with his problem, but people are only trying to help. In any event,as a reminder, please follow the PUPPAH

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be*Polite,*Understanding,*Patient,*Professional,Attentive and*Helpful)

Be polite.*We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.Be understanding and patient.*You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).Be a pro.*Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.Be attentive and helpful.*Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Please also take this moment to review the community guidelines

http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html#post3388

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Delete and save your fingerprints again. Sometimes my fingers get nicked up and that seems to help.

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Interesting response. You specifically said swipe in your post, and given changes in the scanner operation from s5 to S6 I thought I would check. No patronising here, just thought it might help you. Hope you find a solution.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana