Crash bang boom - screen is black, can get it to reboot but screen stays black. What can I do?

Webcowgirl

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Crash bang boom - screen is black, can get it to reboot but screen stays black

I dropped my phone, face down from 4 feet. The screen, which had been previously cracked, is now worse, but the disaster is that the phone appears unusuable. It can see that I have messages etc but I can't get the screen to show anything but the black void of nothingness. Sometimes when I click the power button I get a little flash of light.

I have to say I'm surprised at how fragile this phone is after 5 years of using HTCs without ever having the screen shatter (plenty of software problems but that's another story). What can I do?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Crash bang boom - screen is black, can get it to reboot but screen stays black

Sorry to hear that, but unfortunately, we can't avoid all the drops. Any phone could suffer the same fate, especially a phone with glass on both sides.
Hopefully you have insurance for the phone.
About your question, can you explain more?
Are you asking what can you do to retrieve info from the phone?

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge

Webcowgirl

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: Crash bang boom - screen is black, can get it to reboot but screen stays black

It's not insured alas but I guess I'm curious if it's just a complete loss at this point or if I can actually get it repaired. I am pulling the data off of it now.

amerinamese

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

It sounds like the LCD screen is inop. I had the same thing happen minus the broken glass. I took it to a cellphone repair place and the put in a new LCD screen for $185.