Device makes random noise (Unique noise, never heard of before).

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy s6 makes random noise -a unique noise, unlike any sound i have heard before. This can happen randomly at any time. However, i have noticed that, blowing into the charging port also seems to activate this noise. Most of the time, the noise is followed by a 'Device connected to a dock' notification, but this may not always be the case. Sometimes, it's just the noise. For eg: My mobile woke me up in the morning at 3 AM with the same noise (no notification).

This issue surfaced 2 days ago. I have tried almost everything: cleaning the port, putting the device in safe mode, disabled NFC...and various other applications, but to no avail. Can someone help me identify what the issue here is? is it a faulty charging port?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the phone thinks it's docking. How did you clean the port? Use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

Gigstik

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Definitely NFC trying to connect. Does the sound repeat over and over at random times, similar to the sound when plugging charger in or out?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo