What does 'Sync Drive' do under 'Accounts-Google-Sync Drive'

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I am using a Samsung galaxy s6 and running android version 5.1.1

Under Settings - Accounts - Google - ***@gmail.com - Sync Settings

I am trying to figure out what 'sync Drive' does. I use google drive with that partiular email address but when I enable 'Sync Drive' nothing happens. I mean what is the purpose of the button?

It was originally enabled but i turned it off because I thought that all my files/data might be getting uploaded to my google drive account but that does not appear to have happened so I am just wondering what this setting is for. Would also appreciate some help as to what the other sync options here do.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It keeps your Google Drive app synced with your Google Drive in the cloud. So when you open Google Drive, you'll see an up-to-date list of all of your documents. Those documents won't automatically download to your device unless you select one and choose to download it. Also, if you create a document on your phone in Google Drive, keeping Sync Drive on will ensure that the document automatically syncs with your Google Drive in the cloud. I recommend keeping that setting turned on, if you use Google Drive at all.

cityguyusa

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding? What's the point of the cloud if you are not pulling those names as needed? Instead of online you are making it a batch process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87