Verizon S6 on Cricket wireless issues/questions??

Rockdwg

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
hello all,

ok been while since i posted anything so Happy New Year to you all.

i have a verizon galaxy s6 64gb i am using it on Cricket wireless.

1st question/ statement
when i try to text a pic to someone, some times it sends just fine other times it will not send at all and after a few minutes get a notifacation that it did not send. what would cause that issue?:confused:

2nd
another texting issue......... :confused: why does my phone when i receive a picture text it creates a new incoming text log from the same person that sent just a quick text to say "hi" only a hour or so before the pic??

are these just issues i am going to have to deal with or should i just try to sell my S6 and buy:-$ a Cricket Phone?

really like my having a nicer phone with a good camera it is my main source for taking pictures when on Vacations.

i have tried Cricket wireless support (not there branded version so not much help) i have tried Samsung support only thing they could tell me to do is Hard reset to fix it......... no luck. then samsung told me Verizon software on phone must not be playing well on Cricket's towers. Verizon said that because i do not have an account there anymore that it is not there Phone to Support anymore.
any help would be great.

thanks for your Time

Rockdwg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i have a verizon galaxy s6 64gb i am using it on Cricket wireless.

1st question/ statement
when i try to text a pic to someone, some times it sends just fine other times it will not send at all and after a few minutes get a notifacation that it did not send. what would cause that issue?:confused:
The size of the picture. Text plus picture can't exceed 1MB.

2nd
another texting issue......... :confused: why does my phone when i receive a picture text it creates a new incoming text log from the same person that sent just a quick text to say "hi" only a hour or so before the pic??
Text is SMS, a picture is MMS - different protocols, even if you're using the same app.

then samsung told me Verizon software on phone must not be playing well on Cricket's towers.
Possible. We're still not yet at the point that texting is texting. (It's not that long ago [less than 10 years] that you couldn't send a picture from one carrier to another.) Flashing a Cricket ROM might solve the problem - or it might brick the phone.

Verizon said that because i do not have an account there anymore that it is not there Phone to Support anymore.
True. Support or update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana