Facebook app saying can't connect

neptunesgirl

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I updated my Galaxy S6, it's now Marshmallow 6.0.1. Ever since the update Facebook will not work.

I have Force Stop, clear the cache and re-updated it. It will work one time after I do all of that and then stop working by saying, "Can't connect right now, check settings".

Everything else seems to be working just fine. I have checked my settings, and they are correct. This happens both when it's on WiFi or mobile data.

Any ideas?

hmyers2

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I can get on to Facebook but when I try to open a profile especially it says that it is not available and to check the settings. The settings are fine as well. My voicemail won't work either. It keeps saying that voice mail is having a problem and to call an 800 number and to give them the code of 9007.I called and they didn't know what I was talking about and couldn't help me. Now what?

Vampy

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have facebook and a few other apps, such as instagram, that will randomly say they can't connect or connection not available as well. Sometimes closing the app and opening it back up works other times i have to turn wireless off and back on.

Bsmith289

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I updated my Galaxy S6, it's now Marshmallow 6.0.1. Ever since the update Facebook will not work.

I have Force Stop, clear the cache and re-updated it. It will work one time after I do all of that and then stop working by saying, "Can't connect right now, check settings".

Everything else seems to be working just fine. I have checked my settings, and they are correct. This happens both when it's on WiFi or mobile data.

Any ideas?

My S6 is doing the same with Facebook & other apps. Voicemail won't work. Phone is garbage after the 6.0.1 uplate. I cannot stand the update. Making me want to go back to iPhone.

DVRSlave

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Any ideas?

I have the exact same problem plus a few others and all are caused by turning on power saving.

mattmcd31

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here following

Any ideas?

1upon

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem plus a few others and all are caused by turning on power saving.

I've had power save mode turned on on every phone I've owned since it was an option, and only had this issue after the update everyone is experiencing. Still, I decided to turn it off as you suggest, and it did nothing. Been dealing with the problem for 3 months.

kandice292

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had power save mode turned on on every phone I've owned since it was an option, and only had this issue after the update everyone is experiencing. Still, I decided to turn it off as you suggest, and it did nothing. Been dealing with the problem for 3 months.

Same here. On my S6 since April at least and now same issue with brand new S7.

Peter Moineau

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Same here. On my S6 since April at least and now same issue with brand new S7.

Some apps just hate optimization, facebook is one of them. Go into settings, battery, battery usage, more, optimize battery usage, click the dropdown, select all apps, turn it off for any app that is problematic. Worked like a charm for me.

Taj786

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Turn on "Links Open Externally". This can be found inside Facebook app settings. This should help most folks experiencing this issue with Facebook app. Good luck :)

Di Williams

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
My facebook app will not connect to internet - wifi or mobile data....message reads sorry unable to log in please check internet connection...this happened after facebook did an upgrade....can anyone help - I have turned mobile on and off, uninstalled and installed facebook, cleared cache etc...same thing happened to husbands and sons fone aswell....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non