QUESTION: Galaxy s6 says all sd cards I try are unsopported, corrupt

gordonjake2

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Here's the scoop: I record a lot of videos training dogs. It takes way too long to back up the videos onto the cloud, so I thought to buy a USB adapter, save them to the sd card plugged into that, and on the other end is a regular usb port i can plug into my computer and save them to my OneDrive that way. My initial sd card was a 128gb SDXC. Seemed to work okay for a while, but now it seems at random times both my S6 and laptop will say it is corrupt and needs to be formatted.So i format it, it may or may not work for a while, and it tells me to format it again, It's an endless cycle. Bought a 64gb sd card thinking maybe 128gb was just too much, but the same exact thing is happening. It will let me save a video or two, but then all of a sudden it is unsupported/corrupt on both my phone and laptop. PLEASE HELP ME!

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not really sure what could be causing the error. Do you make sure to safely remove the SD card? If not, that may be causing the corruption error. The next time your SD card works and you transfer your videos, try turning your phone off before removing it, just to be on the safe side.

gordonjake2

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm not really sure what could be causing the error. Do you make sure to safely remove the SD card? If not, that may be causing the corruption error. The next time your SD card works and you transfer your videos, try turning your phone off before removing it, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks I will be sure to try that and let you know!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're shooting 4k video on U1 cards (you need u3 cards for 4k), about the only things I can think of are a bad OTG cable, a problem with the S6 or a stream of cheap defective cards. Try with a SanDisk u1 (or u3 if you're using 4k video). If that doesn't work, contact them at SanDisk microSD Tech Support. Live chat is in the upper right corner, and they're very good about support.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Glad your memory stick fit. Mine had a defective micro usb port and wouldnt connect to my phone.
Try shooting in a lower video format and see if you have issues. Also how is your memory stick formatted?

Themistokles V

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. I think somehow the s6 messes with the micro sd and then it unmounts from the phone and then it appears as corrupted. I have tested 3 micro sd they work fine with an s3 mini, action camera and laptop but get corrupted when used with s6 otg. I dont know how to bypass the problem. I have used es file manager and samsung file manager.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89