Question sd card corrupt files

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i notice this past week and i think it only happens suddenly if i leave phone on samsung smart charger unless it always been there never knew it

samsung sd card saying have corrupt files or other issues<-when i go to my galley and click on pictures instead default to albums i see that message

Your SD card has corrupt files or other issues. You may want to back it up or replace it soon." The only option it gives me is "Not now".<=got that from this reddit
now of course if i restart my phone the message will go away it seems to come back i think only if i leave it on charger on my s20 phone<-discover this over here https://support.google.com/android/...-card-has-corrupt-files-or-other-issues?hl=en

now long ago my sd card s7 went to s20 phone despite they told me walmart when got it sd card won't die which did and then i had to get a new sd card i think a scandisc date was back on july 6th 2021-

should i dismissed this and 1 day if i open up galley i just restart make message go away or what is the sorry sd card after 4 years i guess is going to die soon?

it used to not do this then again i normally don't click on pictures in galley because always defaults to albums maybe this is due to last security update i don't know

if i take it to a same cell phone place do you think they can copy stuff off current sd card to new card?

i hope somebody willl read my post asap

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well i get my stuff to computer to sd card should i copy the folders in my sd card on my desktop before i have to get new sd card i don't want really want to go cell phone place today

i know when that s7 card died on s20 and got new one it took an hour music and ringtones put back in mp3 songs and pics i don't want to do a repeat of that which is a hassle have to put camera to sd card i guess they will do that i don't know

i do have an important question to asked when i had to change sd card that 1 time i did have instagram folder sd card<-had to make it but too too hard copy computer to that

it's now in my storage under pictures folders instagram and again i got camera sd card<-now i assuming once replace sd card to new card if i have to since my instagram folder is in storage under pictures that will reappear right,they will not disappear?

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i just call cell phone place they told me i think can't transfer stuff sd card over to new card if i get one

they inform me since i got instagram folder under picture folder internal storage that after they put one in and set camera to sd card they will still be there is that correct?

they also think that i should just show them message when it comes up next time i guess i should just go ahead make copy folders ringtones my music notifications and those picture folders i got and paste on desktop and when connect phone to computer put them back on new sd card

not going to do this few day but going to wait see how long last before i see message again

i wished somebody else will come in here and make a comment i just can't believe after 4 years of putting that scandisk on phone now giving me that error<-i never seen that before unless it been like that for awhile because again i always have gallery set on albums not on pictures i think 1st time i notice was back on aug 30th when came back home and somehow had my galley on pictures instead of on albums and notice that message at the top saying sd card is corrupt files or other issues you may want to back it up or replace it soon

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm not sure make any difference but i notice some of my pictures folders weren't showing in album i figure out that i had to edit select albums to show<-i did recently upgraded galley

do you thing that might have been cause of error coming up or not guess see what happens next few days now i just copy folders sd card on my desktop just in case have to get new sd card next time i see message that way won't have to suffer esp putting those mp3's back on phone

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah i connect phone to computer went into sd card copy folders off their to desktop so that when i come back home won't have no trouble putting music back on sd card just paste folder

again if anything on internal storage no sd card for an an example that instagram folder inside picture folder and i got camera sd card<-if i have to put new one in when select sd card on camera i will still see instagram folder show up and my pics will still be there right?<-when my i had to get new card 1st time around i had on sd card but i moved to internal storage

however despite that i went into edit albums in galley and saw they were hidden and i restore them that's not going to change meaning that either tomorrow mon or tues if i go into gallery click on pictures i might see that message at the top again= prob have to get new sd card eh

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok well i know cell phone place<-where i got sd card 1st thing around when the old one died from s7 to s20 closed tomorrow mon and i doubt they are open labor day mon so i guess see if it comes up 1 day this week

do you think they will give me another scandisk like last time and really do they only last 4 years then start to die down the road? i guess they will glive me something that is cheap i think at the time was 12 or 14 bucks i don't know

if my s20 gets mess up down the road and yes i know it will not go to android 14 i may have to give into a phone that doesn't have a sd card eh boy i dread that and i really don't want to get into iphones

been a droid man then samsung s7 then s20 always used sd cards 1st droid was that r2d2 then iit was either droid 3, or 4 funny my 1st phone back in the day was flip phone at and t at the time never got on internet for some old reason just made calls

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok well i know cell phone place
do you think they will give me another scandisk like last time and really do they only last 4 years then start to die down the road? i guess they will glive me something that is cheap i think at the time was 12 or 14 bucks i don't know

if my s20 gets mess up down the road and yes i know it will not go to android 14 i may have to give into a phone that doesn't have a sd card eh boy i dread that and i really don't want to get into iphones

been a droid man then samsung s7 then s20 always used sd cards 1st droid was that r2d2 then iit was either droid 3, or 4
SD cards can get corrupted so easy and why manufacturer don't use them today, a software update or improper unmount of SD card can corrupt it that easy.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
SD cards can get corrupted so easy and why manufacturer don't use them today, a software update or improper unmount of SD card can corrupt it that easy.
do you still recommend scandisk or another sd card if so from who? yes that what happen 1st time around keep getting unmounted and then encrypted die that old sorry sd card from s7 to s20 meh

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Those name brands can stick to
ok and 1 final thought do they only last like 4 years like i said i got that on july 6th 2021-how in the heck in 2024 it may get corrupt all of a sudden or other issues i don't know understand i thought they last longer then that and why i only see this all of a sudden when i click on gallery pictures<-not albums i see that little message at the top very odd and goes away if i restart

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok and 1 final thought do they only last like 4 years like i said i got that on july 6th 2021-how in the heck in 2024 it may get corrupt all of a sudden or other issues i don't know understand i thought they last longer then that and why i only see this all of a sudden when i click on gallery picturesQUOTE]They can last long time but like mentioned can get corrupted easily

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so next time i see message come up should i just leave it like it is show them message instead restart phone <-i assumed they can't do nothing about it just replace sd card i guess i will prob type it up and give it to them since hard for me to explain history on how i just got it back in 2021 because old sd card died from s7 to s20 and 4 years later it about to die on me seems like it ya know

or i can skip that part and tell them got back 2021 and now issues need to get new sd card i don't know

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
it seems might come up when after i put phone off charger like it did other night and past weds all of a sudden i'm going to keep an eye on it maybe me showing those folders that were hidden in galley help it not come up anymore am not sure can't really do anything until tues or weds if i see message again in galley when click on photo's at top that is if it doesn't up up for a week or 2 i assumed it's fixed eh?

i was kindof puzzle onto why phone was saying i had those folders and never saw them in galley when connect phone to computer look at sd card they were there and it dawn to me that i had to select album to show then i saw those folders everything checkmark except for favorite<-i kindof wonder if that must be reason why i saw message coming up when i go to photo's due them me hide them in albums i don't know see what happens next few days

i do recall seeing those folders when i click on album that 1 day when i had to put that sd card on so perhaps 1 day i hide them not show albums and just forgot about it or it did it on 1 of those updates i don't know

perhaps i need to look at photos if i see message again and scroll down figure out problem am not sure half on sd card half in storage a video in messenger some in download internal storage some camera/pics instagram photo's storage i'm not sure how i can tell if any pics from sd card is corrupt or not because they all from my computer windows explorer

Last edited: