Marshmallow has been aggravating.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
All the changes they made are regressive. I wish I could reinstall the previous OS.

That's a very vague statement. I have an S6 and I received Marshmallow on April 18th, and I have found NO issues, or complaints.
My phone is faster, and my battery life is better. I think it's fantastic, which is rare of me to say this soon with a new OS
What problems are you having?

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Photo editing has to go through the editor. A simple cropping drops the photo quality and sometimes it even rotates the photo by a degree or so on its own.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Photo editing has to go through the editor. A simple cropping drops the photo quality and sometimes it even rotates the photo by a degree or so on its own.

I have to agree with lucianus_luciferus, there are much better free, photo editors out there. The only way your photo is rotating a degree is if you have done so while cropping, it doesn't do it on it's own.
Search the play store for photo editors and I am sure you will find something that makes you happy

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
When I turn off the phone while typing the keyboard stays in the lock screen.
Screenshot_20160430_062921.png

ckhooked

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Greetings. Haven't been on for awhile but last time i was looking for release date for S6 AT&T. May I ask who ur carrier is? Or anybody out there have AT&T and have gotten Marshmallow?
I have a fairly new LG tablet and it updated to Marshmallow last night. I've just used tablet a bit, but I am having problems with Dolphin, my Web browser.
But my Galaxy S6 battery problem is getting real bad. My phone is just 3 months old.
My KB is awful on tablet too. Very slow to come up/go away when it should.

Ck

Last edited:

musmith

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I totally Agree "Regressive"

1) No Transition effect wih wrap around pages. Waste of time phone stays on longer to get to new page
Loss of battery
2) Will nto allow mms attachment form Google dive as an option.
Loss of efficiency
3) No More phone buble to quickly transition between phone and data retreival
Loss of efficiency, Easier to go home and do on PC with home phone
4) Cannot paste into active phone call wiht itm number that is copied form a web page to order
Loss of efficiency
5) Too much time lapse between toggling between email and back to phone call tot retrieve info
Again no Phone Bubble.
Im Sure ill find more regressive code and find more more losses. I have 5 more days to return phone. I may just ditch androis all together and go with the I Phone.

It much like Microsoft 8.1 all over again. regressive and backwards efficency. Dont know what others use ther phones for but these simple feature make my life easier and now its gotten more cumbersone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

1) No Transition effect wih wrap around pages. Waste of time phone stays on longer to get to new page
Loss of battery
Loss of efficiency
4) Cannot paste into active phone call wiht itm number that is copied form a web page to order
Loss of efficiency
5) Too much time lapse between toggling between email and back to phone call tot retrieve info
Again no Phone Bubble.
Im Sure ill find more regressive code and find more more losses. I have 5 more days to return phone. I may just ditch androis all together and go with the I Phone.

It much like Microsoft 8.1 all over again. regressive and backwards efficency. Dont know what others use ther phones for but these simple feature make my life easier and now its gotten more cumbersone

Ok, the S7 (if that's what you have) doesn't come in any software version that's not Marshmallow. I'm assuming you're coming from a much older device?

Yeah, I'd definitely return it if you hate the software.

For most of the things on that list, you can also try using multi-window. For the Google Drive thing - you can literally share a link via sms from the Google Drive app - which is more data efficient on both your end and the receivers.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would also make sure that iOS can do all of the specific things you listed before switching. It might not be greener pastures.....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Loss of battery
Loss of efficiency
Loss of efficiency
Again no Phone Bubble.

It's also very defective on some carriers. (No wifi? On an Android phone?)

rdenney53

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded from old Moto G to a new Moto G 3rd w/ Marshmallow and functionality and reliability have been a step backwards IMO (yes, 4G was an improvement, 13 mp camera) but otherwise seems buggy, less usable.

Tran Tho

May 14, 2016
Visit site

Loss of battery
Loss of efficiency
Loss of efficiency
Again no Phone Bubble.

4) what do you mean? I can still copy numbers on website into phone call screen then call?