Samsung Galaxy S6 Charging Issue

Steven1562

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys i have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is having trouble charging. It seems to be able to charge but only when the cable is bent a certain way. It only cable charges and doesn't fast charge. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the phone or the cable itself. Also this isn't the cable that came with the phone. I replaced that with another micro usb cable i bought.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It could be a bad cable, or there might be a problem with the phone's microUSB port. Also, do you still have the original Samsung fast charger? If not, then the 3rd party charging block you have may not be compatible with fast charging. It's possible the cable might not be compatible either.

The first thing to do is try another cable. Ideally, you should use a genuine Samsung cable, or one that has been confirmed to meet all of Samsung's specs.

Steven1562

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi i ended up buying another micro USB cable and the issue has been solved. It doesn't seem like the phone was the issue but the cable was. Could using a cable that isn't an official samsung cable cause issues with my phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A 3rd party cable could certainly cause issues. If it's poor quality, that might be why you had to bend it a certain way (there might have been loose connections inside the cable itself). Samsung devices can be somewhat picky when it comes to compatible cables as well. Glad you solved it!

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Had a similar issue after my original cable quit. I kept getting those cheep, dollar store cables, that were not only short, and would lead to breakage of the end of the charge if it fell down, but also after a couple weeks they got to where they had to be bent a certain way to charge, then it got harder and harder, till they quit charging no matter what. Very frustrating. So last month, I went and got a $17, 5 feet long cable at wal mart and haven't had an issue since. It fast charges as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall