Fingerprint unlock issue after latest verizon update

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
One was Ebay. The other 4 were a bunch of games. I forget the names..I deleted them immediately.

Odd, I have not seen these apps in the update, though perhaps the issue is possibly a standard s6 issue only? I have the s6 edge and I don't see those apps, nor is my device having issues with finger prints.

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Well I just dug around in the lock screen settings, and after the update, it had set it to 5 seconds after screen time out. I set it to immediately and now it locks as soon as the screen times out.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, so far it seems to be working fine after the factory reset.

The only thing different now is that when I manually lock the phone with a third party app (nova launcher action) it says PIN required for additional security. So maybe that is intentional and is new with the update. But all the other lock screen functions are now working as they should. Before the reset nothing was working properly regarding the phone lock.

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes, so far it seems to be working fine after the factory reset.

The only thing different now is that when I manually lock the phone with a third party app (nova launcher action) it says PIN required for additional security. So maybe that is intentional and is new with the update. But all the other lock screen functions are now working as they should. Before the reset nothing was working properly regarding the phone lock.

Okay, so i use the button saver app to lock my screen most of the time. It looks like if you use an app to lock the screen it asks for your PIN to unlock, but if you use the power button to lock the phone it'll unlock with a fingerprint just fine. Glad i figured that out, was about to do a factory reset. Gotta say i'm not happy about this though, as I really like to use button saver to turn my screen off.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. That seems to be a noticeable difference with the update. However, I had other issues with my lock features but those have been all cleared up with the factory reset. Maybe it was just my phone acting up. And I guess the reason this thread was unusually quiet is that not many people use a button saver app to lock the screen like you and I do.

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
looks like i'll have to start using the power button to lock the phone for now. Hopefully the button doesn't fail like the one on my s4 did.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I do not manually lock the phone that often. But when I do, I will use my on-screen app and just unlock with PIN. Like you, I prefer to use the power button just to turn off the screen without locking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non