Charging and battery problems

repsys

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Ive had my S6 for under a year and out of nowhere im having massive problems with the charging. It charges ridiculously slow, takes all night for a full charge and doesnt even say "fast charging" anymore like it used to. When its charging and Im using it it still slowly drops charge. The battery also drains really quickly. Have tried new cables and adapters but get nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the original Samsung charger/cable? If so and it's not working, try another genuine Samsung charger/cable. If you don't have one, go to your nearest Best Buy, or your wireless store, and ask to test out one of their charger/cables.

repsys

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the original Samsung charger/cable? If so and it's not working, try another genuine Samsung charger/cable. If you don't have one, go to your nearest Best Buy, or your wireless store, and ask to test out one of their charger/cables.

Thanks mate, yeah using a genuine charger, have also tried my friends genuine charger/cable and its not charging well plus hes tried mine and it works perfectly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the USB port is clear of any debris. In terms of the quick battery drain, charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

anon(9888229)

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. After a few months, my S6 has been taking hours to charge. I was told to try using another charger, which I will... I have a spare which I bought in case of damage or loss etc. The phone works fine otherwise.
Aside from the charger, what else could be causing this problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87