Samsung Galaxy S6 Freezing (Unable to Restore)

rhym1n

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
It all started on the same day. My phone froze 4 or 5 times when just opening random apps. Then, it froze upon rebooting (at the Samsung screen or Verizon screen). I then researched the issue and tried to do a cache wipe. It froze many times during this process, but was finally able to. Tried booting in safe mode to see if 3rd party apps were causing the issue, but it froze here too. It freezes in the download mode (volume down + home + power buttons). It freezes in the recovery mode. It freezes when trying to do a factory reset. It freezes in ALMOST every screen.

The only place the phone does not freeze is in the boot menu, but there is little you can do here, because once you select an option, it freezes. I've had this phone a little over a year, but have never had an issue with it. Does this point to a hardware issue (maybe overheating) if this is all happening in one day?

Is there anything else I can try besides bringing it to a Verizon store?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That does sound like a hardware issue. I'm not sure if a corrupt firmware would lead to problems in Recovery Mode. You could try bringing it to your local Best Buy and ask the Samsung rep there if they have any tricks up their sleeve.