Updated software on S6. Now smart manager has disappeared. How can I get it back?

A

AC Question

If smart manager is no longer available. What would u recommend?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you got an OS update, the update didn't have smart manager included.

(I had to look up what smart manager did on Samsung's website) Smart Manager's functions are to manage storage and RAM, scan and optimize data usage to preserve battery levels, and protect from security threats, close all apps running in the background that significantly drain the battery, uninstall unneeded applications, and run malware scans.

You will most likely have to rebuild what smart manager does with additional apps and developing habits.

Security threats:
You can load you own choice of security and anti-malware apps. Almost any anti virus developer has one for Android. For the most part, they aren't really needed. Sure viruses can get to an Android device, but as long as you stick to apps on either Play or Amazon, you should be fine.

Managing Storage:
This is more a habit to develop. There are apps out there that can do what Smart Manager does, but the best thing to do is develop a habit of removing apps you no longer use. Setting 2 recurring calendar reminders 6 months apart can help you with this. Set 1 calendar reminder on, say January 2, and have that recurring yearly on that day. Set the second one for June 2 yearly on that day. There is your 6 month set up for reminders.
You can simply go through your app list and whatever you installed that you don't use on a near daily basis, get rid of it.

RAM management:
Android manages RAM all by itself. Barring the very rare rogue app, you don't need to manage RAM. Constantly closing apps that Android or you as the user constantly use is actually counter productive to RAM usage.

As for scanning and optimizing data usage, I don't know how Smart Manager does this. You can restrict data being sent in general settings, but if you stay well under your data cap if you have one, there is no need for this.

Jamie Stone4

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you got an OS update, the update didn't have smart manager included.

(I had to look up what smart manager did on Samsung's website) Smart Manager's functions are to manage storage and RAM, scan and optimize data usage to preserve battery levels, and protect from security threats, close all apps running in the background that significantly drain the battery, uninstall unneeded applications, and run malware scans.

You will most likely have to rebuild what smart manager does with additional apps and developing habits.

Security threats:
You can load you own choice of security and anti-malware apps. Almost any anti virus developer has one for Android. For the most part, they aren't really needed. Sure viruses can get to an Android device, but as long as you stick to apps on either Play or Amazon, you should be fine.

Managing Storage:
This is more a habit to develop. There are apps out there that can do what Smart Manager does, but the best thing to do is develop a habit of removing apps you no longer use. Setting 2 recurring calendar reminders 6 months apart can help you with this. Set 1 calendar reminder on, say January 2, and have that recurring yearly on that day. Set the second one for June 2 yearly on that day. There is your 6 month set up for reminders.
You can simply go through your app list and whatever you installed that you don't use on a near daily basis, get rid of it.

RAM management:
Android manages RAM all by itself. Barring the very rare rogue app, you don't need to manage RAM. Constantly closing apps that Android or you as the user constantly use is actually counter productive to RAM usage.

As for scanning and optimizing data usage, I don't know how Smart Manager does this. You can restrict data being sent in general settings, but if you stay well under your data cap if you have one, there is no need for this.

This is unnecessary. It's in the settings now under Device Maintenance. It works the same as smart manager.

SusanBNZ

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Are you joking. Why would I want to do this? You seem to have no idea what you are talking about. Are you saying that with the latest update you blitzed something that every one used.

BellaOrchid4

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
"Hurrycanejohn"

You got to be right because I also cannot find "Smart Manager" but have "Device Maintenance" which looks different but it focus on Battery, Performance Mode, Storage, Memory, Device Security. I'm pleased with this system.

Last edited:

BellaOrchid4

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
"Hurrycanejohn"

You got to be right because I also cannot find "Smart Manager" but have "Device Maintenance" which looks different but it focus on Battery, Performance Mode, Storage, Memory, Device Security. I'm pleased with this system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress