Please Help with SM-G920V Verizon S6

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello All,
My friend has a Verizon S6 that is not booting up. Stays frozen or in a boot loop on Samsung logo.
No idea what Android version it had.
I downloaded the latest firmware md5 file for it from SamFirm and tried to flash it with Odin. It was a single file so I used the AP button as usual.
It starts flashing but when it comes to System.img Odin fails. I tried many times with many Odin Versions and re-downloaded the firmware file and tried many usb cables and 2 different PCs but no go.
As I'm writing this, I tried it again and it completed the flash successfully but the phone booted up in a blue Android screen and it said installing system update, then erasing and it froze right there. I go into recovery and reset to factory settings and wipe cache. And the purple LED is on all the time.
So now it's stuck in a boot loop on the Verizon logo red screen.
I believe something is messed up in the partitions or memory, I'm not sure. Anyway I can revive this phone for him?
He's not interested in rooting but if it's a must, no problem; anything to get the phone started.
The phone is sim unlocked cos he was using it on sim cards outside the US, so he would like to keep doing that as he no longer lives in the US.
Thank you kindly in advance.

TheCROW163

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,
My friend has a Verizon S6 that is not booting up. Stays frozen or in a boot loop on Samsung logo.
No idea what Android version it had.
I downloaded the latest firmware md5 file for it from SamFirm and tried to flash it with Odin. It was a single file so I used the AP button as usual.
It starts flashing but when it comes to System.img Odin fails. I tried many times with many Odin Versions and re-downloaded the firmware file and tried many usb cables and 2 different PCs but no go.
As I'm writing this, I tried it again and it completed the flash successfully but the phone booted up in a blue Android screen and it said installing system update, then erasing and it froze right there. I go into recovery and reset to factory settings and wipe cache. And the purple LED is on all the time.
So now it's stuck in a boot loop on the Verizon logo red screen.
I believe something is messed up in the partitions or memory, I'm not sure. Anyway I can revive this phone for him?
He's not interested in rooting but if it's a must, no problem; anything to get the phone started.
The phone is sim unlocked cos he was using it on sim cards outside the US, so he would like to keep doing that as he no longer lives in the US.
Thank you kindly in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you flashing the 920V firmware? 920<something else> won't work.

If you're flashing the 920V RE1 firmware, and it doesn't work, I'd guess a bad motherboard. (If you're flashing earlier firmware, it could be just that it was updated and won't work with earlier firmware any more. [Samsung plays that little trick.])

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress