08-04-2016 11:29 AM
129 12345 ...
tools
    Don't get it wet!

too late! have several times...no issues yet...knock wood!
    07-11-2016 08:28 PM
    too late! have several times...no issues yet...knock wood!
    Glad you haven't had issues. Many others have unfortunately.
    07-11-2016 11:10 PM
    Glad you haven't had issues. Many others have unfortunately.
    yes, which is why I got the Square trade coverage. I never had coverage on my S6 Active and sold it as a mint condition phone. I paid $861 with taxes for my S7 Active so the square trade is a bit of peace of mind. And I can transfer it to the new owner when I sell it for their piece of mind.
    07-12-2016 08:28 AM
    yes, which is why I got the Square trade coverage. I never had coverage on my S6 Active and sold it as a mint condition phone. I paid $861 with taxes for my S7 Active so the square trade is a bit of peace of mind. And I can transfer it to the new owner when I sell it for their piece of mind.
    That looks pretty good. I'm going to go ahead and get that but I may just get the one year policy since I'll likely get the S8 Active next year.
    planoman likes this.
    07-12-2016 06:14 PM
    Yeah I'm sending it to Texas through UPS tomorrow. I packed it in a cardboard box with newspaper as padding so it'll likely absorb everything in transit
    Update to my situation: I received an email from Samsung today telling me that my repair is on hold while they wait on a new part. Maybe new seals?

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Please be advised that your Samsung service ticket [##########] has been placed on a temporary hold due to an unavailable part.

As soon as the part becomes available, your device will be repaired and shipped promptly.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference Ticket Number: ###########.

Thank you for your patience,
    Samsung Electronics America
    07-13-2016 08:35 PM
    Keep us posted
    07-14-2016 01:15 AM
    Update to my situation: I received an email from Samsung today telling me that my repair is on hold while they wait on a new part. Maybe new seals?

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Please be advised that your Samsung service ticket [##########] has been placed on a temporary hold due to an unavailable part.

As soon as the part becomes available, your device will be repaired and shipped promptly.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference Ticket Number: ###########.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting that they are waiting on a part and not sending you a new unit? Could be nothing but maybe there is a fix coming? Or maybe there were a batch of phones that went out missing a specific part?
    07-14-2016 08:09 AM
    if you follow up with samsung, they will likely go out of their way to keep you happy. has worked for me in the past; just mention how inconvenienced you were and disappointed, considering other options, but willing to assume it was a fluke. S7 Active costs maybe $350 from production to delivery, say they eat another $150 in shipping, parts, labor/repair costs, thats still about $200 in profit they made, and to keep a customer they are usually willing to fork over some nice perks or accessories.

Apple is the leader in this respect, and Samsung is trying to replicate this and become the premiere phone manufacturer. Don't abuse it, but good customer service is always going above and beyond for fluke issues to save face, and they have a large profit margin already.
    07-14-2016 10:46 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-...cUvbUpU5266567 Here is the link to the one I bought I think it was like 16-20 bucks its a great case lots of protection, ports are covered, and a screen protector, looks really sharp on the gold color.
    07-15-2016 09:57 AM
    Please keep us posted...
    07-16-2016 06:55 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-...cUvbUpU5269246 Here is the link to the one I bought I think it was like 16-20 bucks its a great case lots of protection, ports are covered, and a screen protector, looks really sharp on the gold color.
    good to know next time i go to an active war zone (only being half-sarcastic; i was in Feodosia during the Russian incursion/invasion of the Crimea in 2014, visiting friends), and my S7A is gold.
    07-17-2016 11:16 AM
    Fresh water only?

That doesn't make sense you should still be within the warranty period.
    Yup, no salt water.

My phone has been with Samsung since 7/5/16. They say they are waiting on a part to repair the phone. At this point I am finished with Samsung.
    07-18-2016 08:32 AM
    To the nay sayers, I bought a S7 Active on June 22nd and currently have water damage and salt water was not involved. My phone was dirty so I rinsed it off in the sink like I have with phones with LifeProof cases in the past, much less than what is advertised by Samsung. When I went to go to sleep and charge my phone I received a warning telling me that moisture was detected and charging was disabled. It gave me tips like blowing out the charging port and wiping the phone down with a soft cloth. I wiped my phone down, blew out the port, plugged it back in and went to sleep without paying it any mind after it started charging.

When I woke up I identified excessive moisture built up on the front and rear camera lenses completely blocking the lens (similar to OP). The phone was still functional otherwise (all radios, screens, etc). While at work today I had my phone in my truck and upon return the water was still in the lens and the screen was shorting out. Due to the heat of being in my truck it also warped the bezel around the camera. It makes me so sad because this phone is amazing (battery life, performance, quality). I bought it from Best Buy and they won't accept it back because of the water, and Samsung is offering for me to send it in for "evaluation".
    Attachment 231589
    This is very similar to what happened to me.
    Made Samsung aware of issue on 6/28/16
    Sent in phone and they received on 7/5/16
    Still no phone. "Waiting for part" to repair.

What did you do? Did you send it in?
    07-18-2016 08:45 AM

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Received the same message here.....
    07-18-2016 08:51 AM
    if you follow up with samsung, they will likely go out of their way to keep you happy. has worked for me in the past; just mention how inconvenienced you were and disappointed, considering other options, but willing to assume it was a fluke. S7 Active costs maybe $350 from production to delivery, say they eat another $150 in shipping, parts, labor/repair costs, thats still about $200 in profit they made, and to keep a customer they are usually willing to fork over some nice perks or accessories.

Apple is the leader in this respect, and Samsung is trying to replicate this and become the premiere phone manufacturer. Don't abuse it, but good customer service is always going above and beyond for fluke issues to save face, and they have a large profit margin already.
    I have tried to show my disappointment, but they have not budged yet. They just say sorry and have agreed to expedite my shipment to overnight once it is repaired.
    07-18-2016 08:53 AM
    Having the same issues with them as well.
    07-18-2016 03:36 PM
    Yup, no salt water.

My phone has been with Samsung since 7/5/16. They say they are waiting on a part to repair the phone. At this point I am finished with Samsung.
    I don't blame you
    07-18-2016 04:06 PM
    Update:

Called Samsung this afternoon, waited 10-15 minutes on hold, to talk to someone to find out the status of my phone. (972-422-9505)

They said they were waiting for a part to repair. I asked for more details and explained my situation. I was put on hold and then told that the part was for the home button and that it would be in tomorrow (7/19/16). I expressed my dismay and they showed little sympathy. They said that this was a priority and that it would be fixed and sent out on the same day. This means that I would receive the phone on the 20th (they gave me overnight shipping due to my unhappiness).

Not holding my breath on this one, but we will see.
    07-18-2016 08:28 PM
    Update:

Called Samsung this afternoon, waited 10-15 minutes on hold, to talk to someone to find out the status of my phone. (972-422-9505)

They said they were waiting for a part to repair. I asked for more details and explained my situation. I was put on hold and then told that the part was for the home button and that it would be in tomorrow (7/19/16). I expressed my dismay and they showed little sympathy. They said that this was a priority and that it would be fixed and sent out on the same day. This means that I would receive the phone on the 20th (they gave me overnight shipping due to my unhappiness).

Not holding my breath on this one, but we will see.
    Good luck. Keep us posted
    07-18-2016 11:50 PM
    Keep on them about it, mention your valuable time wasted, being without a device and inconvenienced (if you work in something like real estate, stocks/bonds, or insurance or are self employed as i used to be, mention that it caused problems with work/profit loss/getting back to boss/employees/clients etc), and that you are genuinely dissatisfied with their repair process; took forever. might want to mention apple just sent you a replacement refurb and you didnt have WEEKS of downtime you couldnt afford.
    07-20-2016 02:33 AM
    Here is my update. I hade the same problem
    *07/20/2016//13:41:04//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    7/20/2016 12:40 PM-Gabriela Torres: The unit has left the technician. SOLUTION: Replaced LCD - Replaced Component - Replaced PBA
    *07/12/2016//20:51:58//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    7/12/2016 7:51 PM-Luis Garcia: The unit is repair-pending.
    *07/11/2016//16:50:25//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    LCD AND REAR CAME IN WITH SCRATCHES.
    *07/11/2016//10:52:16//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    7/11/2016 9:39 AM-Monica Angon: Accessory: SIM CARD TRAY
    *07/11/2016//10:52:15//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    7/11/2016 9:39 AM-Monica Angon: The unit has been received. Pack Condition: Fair Packaging (Box & Cushion)
    Attached Thumbnails Water damage...-screenshot_20160720-175710.png  
    07-20-2016 04:59 PM
    Replaced:
    LCD
    Cosmetic
    Component (home button they alluded to?)
    PBA (main board)

Can't I just get a new phone?

Wondering if I should expect my phone today. Plan on calling to get more information.

Water damage...-2016-07-21_8-18-41.jpg
    07-21-2016 08:29 AM
    Replaced:
    LCD
    Cosmetic
    Component (home button they alluded to?)
    PBA (main board)

Can't I just get a new phone?

Wondering if I should expect my phone today. Plan on calling to get more information.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-07-21_8-18-41.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	232762
    I feel your pain. To be this long out of a device is atrocious. I went through the same thing last year and this whole process makes insurance worth the money it costs.
    07-21-2016 01:03 PM
    Summary of my phone calls with Samsung today:

1st call - 27 minutes (with several 3 minute holds)
    I went into this call requesting a refund. I was told that Samsung does not do refunds. I was persistent, but to no avail. I was transferred to someone in the service center who could "help" me further. I got on the phone with this person and the call was dropped.

2nd call - 20 minutes
    I made it back on the phone with someone who claimed to be the "highest up"/"end all be all" regarding the issue. Again, I requested a refund. They declined. I asked to speak with someone else and was forwarded to a voicemail box that was indiscernible.

My thoughts:
    I understand I did not buy the phone from Samsung, they kept telling me I need to go to AT&T, the problem is that AT&T wouldn't recognize the device as it stood after 14 days let alone the month and a half it has been now. The frustrating part is that they seem to not care at all. They don't seem to understand that it is their fault that the device needed repair and they should help mend this relationship between myself, AT&T, and Samsung. They seem to forget who sold the $800 device to AT&T to begin with and who is collecting from AT&T.

Action item:
    Plead my case at an AT&T store.

(FYI - I still don't have the phone and don't know when I will receive it. Apparently they must run it through tests before it goes out the door.)
    07-21-2016 01:31 PM
    Just keep your smartphones and all will be good
    07-21-2016 01:49 PM
129 12345 ...