Water damage...

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Not a brand new one no. If you go through Samsung they fix your actual phone. If you go through at&t they send you a phone someone else sent in for repair then that tradition continues down the line so someone after me will get my phone.
But yes I then use their box and return label and send them my broken phone after I get the new one.

I paid the $14.95 for expedited shipping because Im headed on vacation shortly and wanted to have enough time to get the phone and test it in water before heading out.

Ill post a new thread shortly.

TheSwagDaddy

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I feel like a new phone should be sent as a replacement. That might just be me, but after paying $XXX one should not have to be inconvenienced or receive a used product due to a manufacturer's error. Send me a new phone. In this case though, it may be safer to get a phone that has failed once, repaired, and now "guaranteed" to function as advertised. If they gave you a new phone it may face the same water issues the first phone did. This could be more embarrassing for Samsung.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I worked in electronics retail for a few years and what I learned was you were more likely to get a better built device that was a warranty repair or refurb. With new, you never know if the assembly line had a hiccup or what but with repaired stuff it was tested thoroughly. As long as the replacement has no scratches or damage and its still covered under warranty then Im cool with it. That opinion isnt for everyone so Im sure alot of people will be pretty unhappy with this approach.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As nice as Samsung phones are and how convenient it is to land a payment plan at ATT, I'm done with the whole retail store and payment plan experience.

Samsung is acknowledging manufacturing a faulty device. ATT not making an exception and extending the return period is a hit against their customer satisfaction.

I bought a phone outright (and it fits my budget) and I no longer worry about paying it off.

Why are carriers and manufacturers so stingy when it comes to addressing issues that are obviously out of the customers' control? It's like they get the money and we're on our own.

Posted via the Android Central App

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I feel like a new phone should be sent as a replacement. That might just be me, but after paying $XXX one should not have to be inconvenienced or receive a used product due to a manufacturer's error. Send me a new phone. In this case though, it may be safer to get a phone that has failed once, repaired, and now "guaranteed" to function as advertised. If they gave you a new phone it may face the same water issues the first phone did. This could be more embarrassing for Samsung.

This! Why should we get a used phone as compensation for an admitted factory mistake?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately thats the position most of these companies have taken and its been that way for many years. While I agree and would like a new phone I also know thats not going to happen unless you have multiple issues with repaired devices. Its a money game and to give you a new phone costs substantially more than it does to repair it.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Decided today to dunk my phone before heading on vacation next week and taking it in the pool. It was fine at first then developed the typical issues. I called Samsung and they said 9-11 business days upon receipt of the phone so I called at&t. As of today at&t has the approval for the warranty department to replace the devices at no cost. I paid $14.95 to have it expedited in 1-2 days. Just a heads up for anyone dealing with the water issue.
Thanks for info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter