"Fixed" S7 Active's?

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
We all know about the faulty production line issue with the S7A that Samsung has claimed to have fixed. What I'm wondering is when should the "fixed" phones be in store? ATT is useless and won't acknowledge anything on the issue. When do you think they'll be readily available?

Rob

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
They "should" be there now. Only way to know for sure is get one and check the manufacturer date. Anything made in mid to late July and after should be good to go. The problem was found July 8th and was acknowledged about a week later. To check your manufacturer date download the app "Phone Info (Samsung)" from the play store.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I can confirm the replacement phone I got was made around July 18 and that was two weeks ago. When we all first ran the Samsung info on our original phones, it looked like there was only about a 1-2 week span from manufacture date to when folks ordered their phone. I ordered my original phone on July 5 and received it on July 7. It had been manufactured on June 21, IIRC.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
So y'all think I should be okay if I order directly from ATT online next week?
I'm not in any position of authority on this but, given most folks' experiences, I would think so if you ordered directly from them. I would immediately download that Samsung Info app to make sure before spending anymore time setting up the phone, lol! Of course, if you try to get assurance from AT&T that it's a "fixed" later phone, you'll get nowhere. They evidently aren't privy to that info as of whenever I called a couple of weeks ago.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
So y'all think I should be okay if I order directly from ATT online next week?

50/50 shot. I havent received one made in July and Im on my 3rd. I would go into a store if you can and explain that you want to check the date before leaving and if its before mid July you'll want to exchange it. Its my understanding these phones didnt sell very well so At&t seems to have alot of stock and Im betting alot of it is original production runs.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got an S7 active today, when we got home I checked on Samsung info and it was a late June build date. Figure we'll treat it with normal use, if anything happens we have the warranty to fall back on.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I stand corrected. Seems like these things aren't moving quickly anymore

Ours was an in store purchase, so sales at that particular store may have been slow from the get go, so regarding ones ordered online, I can't say for sure on how new they would be.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Ah, still good to know they aren't moving fast in stores....

The note 7 has destroyed the Active sales. I was at 2 At&t stores yesterday to get another Note 7 and the first store had no clue when the last time they sold an Active was and the other store said he knows theyve sold 2 this month. I kept my Active for times when I need a more rugged device or a massive battery. Plus the demand for the phone is atrocious so its not like I can sell it for anywhere near what its worth.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I can definitely see why. With all the phones IP68 rated, what do you REALLY get from the Active? Most people charge their phones every night. So who cares if the battery makes it a little longer? The problem with the Active is it's too niche to be mainstream and too mainstream to be really as useful as it's hyped to be. Before I had the need for my Active, I was thinking I'd get a Note if I ever went back to Samsung. But when it came down to it, I decided my iPhone 6 Plus was just too big. Didn't want a repeat of that with a Note. My choice came down to either the Active or an iPhone SE. Plus...A stylus still feels like a step backward. Makes me think of my wife's Palm Treo from back in the day.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
But those phones can't be resold as new, right? So once they're gone buying a new phone will give you a post-fix manufacture date.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer