Samsung out of parts, new replacement?

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just sent my active in for battery replacement and repair went on hold due to part being unavailable. Couple days later email from Samsung claims phone being returned unrepaired. I think they may send me a new unit, tracking says "swap enr tickets" and repair ticket cancelled. Anybody receive a new active from Samsung after sending in for warranty repair?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just sent my active in for battery replacement and repair went on hold due to part being unavailable. Couple days later email from Samsung claims phone being returned unrepaired. I think they may send me a new unit, tracking says "swap enr tickets" and repair ticket cancelled. Anybody receive a new active from Samsung after sending in for warranty repair?

Wow - that's interesting! I haven't heard anything from anyone on here as yet! Can't wait to see how this turns out... please keep us posted?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, hope that works out for you, but I can't believe the S7 series parts are running out.

Maybe with the S8 Active so close to release, they're just thinking "To Hell with fixing these S7 Active units, let's just give them existing inventory S7 Active replacements instead and get rid of them!" ???

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe with the S8 Active so close to release, they're just thinking "To Hell with fixing these S7 Active units, let's just give them existing inventory S7 Active replacements instead and get rid of them!" ???

Please pass over whatever it is you're drinking :)

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just an update, Samsung is sending me a new S7 active! I don't know which part they didn't have but I sent it back for a new battery before warranty was expired. Now would be the time to file for warranty support and get a brand new phone!!

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Got my refurbished like new replacement yesterday. Not a scratch on it and included at&t stickers front and back. Fyi, possibly get a refurb for sending your in for warranty support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699