What screen protector are you using for the S7?

superflysocal

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So i just got a glass screen protector and plastic dry install screen protector from xtremeguard today. Disappointed in both.

First the plastic dry install. I think the edge of the S7 (non-edge version) does have a slight downward curve. This makes screen protectors that try to cover all the way to the edge not fit correctly because the edge of the protector will not stay adhered. this is evident consistently through both sides of the screen uniformly. perhaps it's because it's too thick.

I am wondering if a thin wet install protector will do better since it may be more flexible.

The glass protector i was hoping would be better since it is not made to cover the screen edge to edge. Surely enough i still can't get the edge to completely adhere to the screen.

What are you guys using and does it adhere properly and completely?

has anyone used a wet install protector?

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and the zagg tempered glass screen protector I'm using has a big halo and it's actually affecting the sensitivity of the screen around the edges. I'm too paranoid about getting scratches on my screen so I'm stuck with this one for now until I hear of one that doesn't have this issue

Posted via the Android Central App

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is anything out right now that does what we want. I'm still debating on buying the supcase beetle pro for the s7. It's like the defender but not as bulky and also includes a built in screen protector.

mccann1987

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm using this at the moment. It's not a perfect fit but it does offer protection against scratches and a possible crack in the screen if i dropped it. I'll use it until something better comes out that covers the whole screen properly.

Attachments

• 10606.jpg
    10606.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 523

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the iPhone 6 and 6s have the same "2.5d" edges so do they have the same issues with screen protectors?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the iPhone 6 and 6s have the same "2.5d" edges so do they have the same issues with screen protectors?

Because a lot of manufacturers jumped the gun on these protectors and released them before the phone came out, so they didn't have time to perfect them. I'm sure that better ones will slowly be released.

Colchicine

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Spigen Crystal and am very happy with it.

Could you please confirm that it does in fact go to the edge of the glass?
I got a film screen protector that advertised the same thing, but it doesn't. There is about 1 mm between the metal frame and the edge of the film. Even after allowing the screen protector to cure, putting on a TPU case made the film peel up. The company confirmed their film is not compatible with TPU cases. Since 75% of the cases I can find on Amazon, and all the quality ones I want, are TPU, I absolutely need to find a better screen protector.

JLD94

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and the zagg tempered glass screen protector I'm using has a big halo and it's actually affecting the sensitivity of the screen around the edges. I'm too paranoid about getting scratches on my screen so I'm stuck with this one for now until I hear of one that doesn't have this issue

Sorry, double post, I'm a noob. Curious where you got the Zagg glass for the S7 since it shows unavailable?

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, double post, I'm a noob. Curious where you got the Zagg glass for the S7 since it shows unavailable?

I pre-ordered from best buy and when I went to pick it up they offered to put it on for me. it's the zagg invisible shield glass one, they had it available at the best buy in delaware

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
so the contour will be slightly curved to match the curve of the regular s7 screen edges? I really hope so because the regular zagg glass one I have has insane halo that actually affects sensitivity on the edges of the screen

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I purchased 2 screen protectors from Amazon last night and cancelled them both after seeing they don't fit properly. Don't quite know what I'm gonna do yet

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
this is the first time I've ever preordered a phone, I guess a lot of screen protector companies just produce products without actually having the phones to design their screen protectors around? or is this year's galaxy s7 just a more difficult design to build a good screen protector for? I still haven't seen any posts on a good screen protector for the regular s7

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Could you please confirm that it does in fact go to the edge of the glass?
I got a film screen protector that advertised the same thing, but it doesn't. There is about 1 mm between the metal frame and the edge of the film. Even after allowing the screen protector to cure, putting on a TPU case made the film peel up. The company confirmed their film is not compatible with TPU cases. Since 75% of the cases I can find on Amazon, and all the quality ones I want, are TPU, I absolutely need to find a better screen protector.

my reply above

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a Spigen Rugged Armor with a Pleson "Hyper Protector", not the newer full coverage one, and it's peeling up at the edges with the case on. Are there any protectors out yet that work with a case on? I'm afraid any film protector, or worse a glass probably won't even fit with a case, will do the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty