What screen protector will you be using?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Two screen protectors in the box, but only one bottle of glue. How to apply the second protector if the first one will fail?

I was wondering that unless the ' what's in the box ' list isn't accurate or you use only do much of the adhesive in the one bottle.

In my Whitestone Dome x2 pack there's 3 tubes.

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I also don't run my phones over with sherman tanks or explode dynamite on them hehe so no 18 layers of protectors on mine either. Been using Galaxy S series since the S2 Skyrocket and never once damaged a screen and I work construction, take it with me ATV and JetSki riding, and never once put a scratch on my phone screen. But if you like to carry your phone around in a bag of nails and bolts I can see the issue with needing 45 layers of screen protection on the top of it and then complain the finger scanner doesn't work lol. ;)

Lol. Exactly. Also, when the weather is bad outside - icy and slippery, my phone is in my bag, not in my hand. I've seen people run across the street in bad weather, slip, and their phone goes in the air, and lands on the concrete. That would destroy me...just bury me with my phone.

I don't like "Decepticon" phone cases, so I have to be mindful of what I'm doing with my phone, but I'm so used to it. I may drop my phone and break my unprotected screen. I have insurance (non-carrier) for that. I'll take my chances, because I've got an excellent track record.

There are folks who carry a naked phone - no case or screen protector. I won't do that.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning to rock my S22 (Note) Ultra buck *** nekkid! The ONLY reason I use a case with my S21 Ultra is to have a place to put the S-pen.

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had a Whitestone Dome on my Note 9 for 3.5 years. I try to be very careful, but drops are almost inevitable. Sometime in the last year I got a fine crack in the Dome glass, but not enough to bother me. That probably would have been a cracked phone screen without the Dome glass installed. I just removed it to confirm that the phone glass is perfect (it is), as I'm trading it in for an S22 Ultra. I would like to put Dome glass on it as well, but I'm wondering if it will work with the Samsung leather case. I like the looks of that case around the camera lenses.

I've installed quite a few Whitestone Glass protectors, only messing it up once. Read the instructions carefully, watch the installation video, use a flat surface, and take your time and be careful. It requires some care, but it's not brain surgery.

I had the Dome on my Note 10+ and when I got my Note 20 Ultra, I used the LK film. It comes in a 3 pack and they hold up pretty well. I baby my phones so I only replaced them, maybe every 4 months. So I wound up going with LK privacy film. Way cheaper than the Dome. I have nothing against the Dome, I just prefer the film.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
In all my excitement I forgot to buy a screen protector. Lol I know my Note 10+ came with one already applied. In fact it's still on there. Does the S22 series come with screen protectors applied already?

Not likely, they've stopped doing that for a few years now.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
In all my excitement I forgot to buy a screen protector. Lol I know my Note 10+ came with one already applied. In fact it's still on there. Does the S22 series come with screen protectors applied already?

I've reached out to Samsung UK and I'm told the Samsung Galaxy s²² Series does come with a factory fitted screen protector.

I can't comment for other regions however.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I was considering trying the official Samsung one. Not sure yet. Part of me wants to just go without. I’m typically very careful with my phones so I am not super worried.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I was considering trying the official Samsung one. Not sure yet. Part of me wants to just go without. I’m typically very careful with my phones so I am not super worried.

I don't see on Samsung's site anything about screen protectors,

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I also don't run my phones over with sherman tanks or explode dynamite on them hehe so no 18 layers of protectors on mine either. Been using Galaxy S series since the S2 Skyrocket and never once damaged a screen and I work construction, take it with me ATV and JetSki riding, and never once put a scratch on my phone screen. But if you like to carry your phone around in a bag of nails and bolts I can see the issue with needing 45 layers of screen protection on the top of it and then complain the finger scanner doesn't work lol. ;)

Hard to find a Sherman tank that still runs. Plastics are more fun than dynamite but haven't played with either in many years. However; I walk (hike) in some very rough terrain and at times use the phone. I very seldom drop but when I do it isn't on padded carpet or a bed so having some added protection doesn't hurt.
And most posts state the whitestone protector works good and does not interfere with the FPS. If it does I'll return it.

But not for everyone that's for sure!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Will stick with the Samsung factory fitted screen protector on the Exynos models. They have worked well for me on the Galaxy S20 and S21 Ultras.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
None for me, unless one is factory-installed, in which case I'll leave it in place.

I've had my Note 10+ phone since it first came out, it's been over 2 years now. The factory film starting peeling after a year, so I removed the entire film off my phone. Since I've always used a decent silicone case, I've never had any damage or even a single scratch on my Note 10+ screen. So with this experience, I won't be adding any 3rd party screen protector on my Ultra 22 screen. I've been using Samsung phones since the Note 2 model many years ago, and I have literally never damaged or scratched any of my phone screens cuz I always use a good protection case.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
After seeing the drop test; pretty darn sure I will be placing a whitestone dome over my S22U, even though I have insurance for up to $600.00 for repair via my Visa card.