What screen protector are you using for the S7?

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Skinomi TechSkin - Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protector (Case Friendly)

Does anyone know what makes the "Case Friendly" version of the screen protector actually case friendly? Is it smaller or something?

I don't know, but for $7 and change, I took a chance and ordered one. I currently have an IQ shield protector on my phone now (similar wet install protector), and it is coming up on the edges due to my case. I assume the Skinomi "case friendly" version is a few mm smaller on the edges so that it doesn't interfere with a case. I'll find out when I get it and report back.

Kristysangels

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I had the Spigen crystal screen protector, and I'm definitely getting some halo-ing, so I bought the Coralguard tempered glass. Reviewers have spoken highly about it so thought I'd give it a go, should be coming any day now

https://coralguard.com/products#!/S...ping-March-22-30/p/63470736/category=16072118

And if you go into the youtube link they have towards the bottom, in the description they have a coupon for $5 off.

I have this one and it fits great....without a case on the phone. As soon as I put my case on it seems to push the edges and then it affects the sensitivity of the touch.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kristysangels

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I am using the Gadgetshieldz full body screen protector for my galaxy S7. It's a wet install protector for the screen, back (including the curved parts), the metal frame(sides,top and bottom) and the camera lens. Applies wet and fits perfectly even on the curved areas of the phone. Got it from here.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Full-Body Invisible Shields | Gadgetshieldz

Will try to post a short review of these screen protectors applied on my S7. Some images for now.
[url]https://s12.postimg.org/eytfy3mil/2.jpg[/url] [url]https://s12.postimg.org/xsf8v3kql/4.jpg[/url] [url]https://s12.postimg.org/4rawlp0al/1.jpg[/url]

I'm going to try this one. Is it crystal clear like glass?

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know what makes the "Case Friendly" version of the screen protector actually case friendly? Is it smaller or something?

I don't know, but for $7 and change, I took a chance and ordered one. I currently have an IQ shield protector on my phone now (similar wet install protector), and it is coming up on the edges due to my case. I assume the Skinomi "case friendly" version is a few mm smaller on the edges so that it doesn't interfere with a case. I'll find out when I get it and report back.

Got mine today. Sure enough, it is a few mm smaller on each side. Should work fine with just about any case out there, I think. I can't see how it would lift on the sides from a case since it is smaller on each side, but won't know for sure until I test it out for a few days.

It's a Skinomi, so similar in installation and characteristics to their other wet-install screen protectors. I think this will be the one I stick with since I use a case and this seems to be the best compromise.

I can try to take a pic later if anyone is interested. But it pretty much looks like the pics on the website above.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today. Sure enough, it is a few mm smaller on each side. Should work fine with just about any case out there, I think. I can't see how it would lift on the sides from a case since it is smaller on each side, but won't know for sure until I test it out for a few days.

It's a Skinomi, so similar in installation and characteristics to their other wet-install screen protectors. I think this will be the one I stick with since I use a case and this seems to be the best compromise.

I can try to take a pic later if anyone is interested. But it pretty much looks like the pics on the website above.
So, do you think it will prevent the protector from rolling up with cases?

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the zagg.... the Halo drove me nuts so now I am waiting for them to release a new one because the dust seriously drives me insane. I'm normally awesome with phones without protection. My s6 had a darn near flawless screen when I traded it in for the s7... the zagg protector cracked the day I bought it.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I think so. I think having it in my pocket for most of today will be the true test.

After a full day with the screen protector, no lifting on the sides! I am very happy with this screen protector. Looks great, and works great with a case. Thanks to the poster that linked to it earlier!

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had luck with dry film protectors? I just ripped off my garbage "Pleson Hyper Protector" due to edge peeling and I really dislike the liquid application ones. In a perfect world the S7 would have a flat screen so any glass protector would fit perfectly, but sadly that isn't the case.

Also I'm trying to get more traction here because Amazon's reviews are currently worthless. Ever since the "I received this product at a discount for my honest review" paid adverts started appearing everywhere it makes the average Star rating useless. You have to dig through each review to get past the fake ones and generally every protector has a "real" average of about 2 Stars.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

ugh! They're taking forever to process my order :(

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I just got the lifeproof case... just because it looked better than the clunky otterbox and it had a screen protector

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got the lifeproof case... just because it looked better than the clunky otterbox and it had a screen protector

I also got the lifeproof but trying to get the dust out behind the screen protector is driving me nuts

teg10

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, new poster here and largely new to Android (have been on iPhone and BB), but love my Galaxy s7 and have benefitted greatly from the collective wisdom here. So many thanks to you all!

Am looking for a long-term case for my s7, and the Lifeproof case caught my eye especially given the built-in screen protector and reported 6-foot drop protection. Am especially interested in quality and protection - I tend to hold on to the same phone for several years, and would rather not deal with cracks, scratches, and other damage (as an FYI, I also have - and love - a Nexus 5x).

For those of you with the Lifeproof case:
  • How are you liking the Lifeproof, and can you see using it as your daily driver case in the long term? It sounds like some of you are using the Lifeproof as a stopgap until someone like Zagg comes out with a better glass screen protector, so wanted to better understand where the Lifeproof might fall short as your main case.
  • How bad is the dust problem - and how is dust even getting into the case, given the case is sealed?
  • What is the screen protector made of (glass vs. film?), and how does it attach -- and how seamlessly/securely-- to the phone screen?
  • How much'edge protection does the case provide for the front screen, and for the back camera lenses and sensors? (e..g, how high does it sit above the screen/sensors, and how does it compare to cases like the Spigen Tough Armor or Rugged Armor?)
  • Is the cover impacting the audio at all - especially two-way call quality? I need to use the phone oretty frequently for old-fashioned calls, and don't do well with background noise or muffled sound, so call quality is very important to me.
  • Any signs of the case damaging your phone? Apparently there were reports of earlier Lifeproof cases putting stress on prior phones and causing damage.

Bottom line, would love to hear how the case is working for you, and what you like/don't like about it. I'm currently using a Spigen Tough Armor case and have used (and liked) the Speck Candyshell case (with grip) in the past. The Tough Armor would work longer term for my s7, except that I'd like to use a decent screen protector (ideally glass) with it, and so far have had zero luck finding one that works with the case. As a point of comparison, I found the Spigen Rugged Armor a tad too lightweight for my purpose - in particular, I was looking for a taller 'edge' to protect the screen and the camera/fingerprint sensor.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, new poster here and largely new to Android (have been on iPhone and BB), but love my Galaxy s7 and have benefitted greatly from the collective wisdom here. So many thanks to you all!

Am looking for a long-term case for my s7, and the Lifeproof case caught my eye especially given the built-in screen protector and reported 6-foot drop protection. Am especially interested in quality and protection - I tend to hold on to the same phone for several years, and would rather not deal with cracks, scratches, and other damage (as an FYI, I also have - and love - a Nexus 5x).

For those of you with the Lifeproof case:
  • How are you liking the Lifeproof, and can you see using it as your daily driver case in the long term? It sounds like some of you are using the Lifeproof as a stopgap until someone like Zagg comes out with a better glass screen protector, so wanted to better understand where the Lifeproof might fall short as your main case.
  • How bad is the dust problem - and how is dust even getting into the case, given the case is sealed?
  • What is the screen protector made of (glass vs. film?), and how does it attach -- and how seamlessly/securely-- to the phone screen?
  • How much'edge protection does the case provide for the front screen, and for the back camera lenses and sensors? (e..g, how high does it sit above the screen/sensors, and how does it compare to cases like the Spigen Tough Armor or Rugged Armor?)
  • Is the cover impacting the audio at all - especially two-way call quality? I need to use the phone oretty frequently for old-fashioned calls, and don't do well with background noise or muffled sound, so call quality is very important to me.
  • Any signs of the case damaging your phone? Apparently there were reports of earlier Lifeproof cases putting stress on prior phones and causing damage.

Bottom line, would love to hear how the case is working for you, and what you like/don't like about it. I'm currently using a Spigen Tough Armor case and have used (and liked) the Speck Candyshell case (with grip) in the past. The Tough Armor would work longer term for my s7, except that I'd like to use a decent screen protector (ideally glass) with it, and so far have had zero luck finding one that works with the case. As a point of comparison, I found the Spigen Rugged Armor a tad too lightweight for my purpose - in particular, I was looking for a taller 'edge' to protect the screen and the camera/fingerprint sensor.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

I have a lifeproof. It is nice but for the money I prefer the supcase water resistant case. I do see myself using it for the long term. The plastic screen protector shows prints easily but feels very protective. As for damage to the phone, I don't see how it can put stress on the phone. I have removed it a few times to get all the specs of dust out, no sign of damage or stress. If you have the cash get the lifeproof. If you don't have the cash get the supcase water resistant case. I took my original lifeproof back and bought the Supcase, but a generous family member bought me another lifeproof as a gift.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

I installed the full body skin kit (with screen protector) from Skinomi. This kit comes with the standard screen protector, so within about 3 days, I had the bottom lip of the screen protector peeling off. I might call them and see if they can send me a case-friendly one because there was no option for that when ordering the full body skin kit. Just a heads up to everyone.

teg10

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a lifeproof. It is nice but for the money I prefer the supcase water resistant case. I do see myself using it for the long term. The plastic screen protector shows prints easily but feels very protective. As for damage to the phone, I don't see how it can put stress on the phone. I have removed it a few times to get all the specs of dust out, no sign of damage or stress. If you have the cash get the lifeproof. If you don't have the cash get the supcase water resistant case. I took my original lifeproof back and bought the Supcase, but a generous family member bought me another lifeproof as a gift.

Super helpful - thanks for this, drbol! Do you find dust getting trapped inside either/both the Supcase and the Lifeproof? Also, how do the screen protectors compare in terms of durability and fit; and are the bezels comparable in terms of depth/protection around the screen?

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the life proof case and for me it made typing more difficult and some touches wouldn't register but I guess that's the price for a water proof case.