Best NFC tile stickers?

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
What are the best brands of NFC tile stickers to use in places like the car and home to automagically turn settings on/off when you pass the phone over them?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!

Yeah, I am starting to see why people use them to change settings and stuff. I like that the My Places Edge app can change my settings when it knows I am home via GPS, but it doesn't make sense if it doesn't also change settings when I leave home (like turn Wi-Fi off) except in whatever few known locations I might select (my office is at home, so I don't use the work location setting and so far don't have any other places set). So, an NFC tag in the car to turn things like Wi-Fi off would be handy. Could probably figure out some fairly useless, but fun, things to do with them, too. ;)

ETA: I just read one of the reviews and someone uses one of the NFC tags to turn lights on in the room - what a great idea! I use a remote control light system in my office, but via a physical remote, not an app. It would be really nice if an app could control them so when I walk in the room, I can wave my phone in front of the tag to turn the lights on!

Last edited: