Case Friendly Screen Protectors

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Product in question: http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Aqu...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5183727

I originally had the Armorsuit but I was not happy with it and had it returned. I was having issues with defects and these squiggly weird marks that wouldn't go away.

I've been looking for a new S.P and came across this one.The reviews look good. Has anybody tried this one yet? I searched the forum to see if anybody has but with no results.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 83

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I haven't, but I really like the protector I got from Best Skins Ever. It is wet install (you mix water with a tad of dish soap and spray it on the back of the protector before applying it to the phone) and the only bubbles I had after squeegeeing them out did resolve within 48 hours like the instructions said they would. I got the kind that works with cases, front only, glossy. I like the button and phone speaker cutouts on it better than the one in your link, too.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
This is a great question. Been using a Zagg HD which kept getting pushed up on the edges with vena and spigen clear cases and a vena vArmor. I called Zagg and they suggested the Original as it's thinner. It was no better and is less slick than the HD.
So, has anyone found a case/screen protector (not glass) combo that works? I like the cases I've got, but will try others if I have to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
This is a great question. Been using a Zagg HD which kept getting pushed up on the edges with vena and spigen clear cases and a vena vArmor. I called Zagg and they suggested the Original as it's thinner. It was no better and is less slick than the HD.
So, has anyone found a case/screen protector (not glass) combo that works? I like the cases I've got, but will try others if I have to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Try the Best Skins Ever screen protector that is made for use with cases. I have two different cases (a protective one from Obliq and a pretty one that is clear rubber on the back with flowers and butterflies) and it works perfectly with both. It is wet install (you mix a tiny bit of dish soap like Dawn with water and use a spray bottle to spray it on the back of the protector) and was easy to put on. I have no problems with bubbles. I got the glossy one for clarity and it is very clear. The feel of it is very good for a protector (one of the reasons I hadn't used a protector since the '90s until now). The case-friendly version goes right to the edge of the screen, so it should work with any case. I followed the instructions to not use the phone for twelve hours after installation and then I didn't put a case on it for forty-eight hours after installation (the amount of time it takes for any little bubbles to work themselves out), which isn't in the instructions, but I figured would be a good thing to do for the edges, especially since I ended up using too much water/soap solution, so had a little trouble getting them to stay down immediately (didn't take a super long time, though).