Speck Candyshell Grip vs Otterbox Defender

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I currently use the Otterbox Defender for the S7 Edge and like it a lot. Screen protector fits flush to the screen and no dirt gets in it like the other Defenders. Only thing is the screen loses a tad of its sensitivity due to the different material it uses compared to the other Defenders not a huge deal.

If I wanted to go naked on the screen, does the Speck Candyshell Grip offer strong protection? It's a nice case, BUT droptest with the iPhone ones from Mobilereviewseh including the newer Persidio cases when dropped the screen shatters on the phones face first. It doesn't seem to have the protection the Defender has going.

Would you consider the candyshell a defender style case or below it?

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
It's not as protective as the Defender, the closest thing to a defender without the screen protector is the Suppcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. It's a really good case

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It's not as protective as the Defender, the closest thing to a defender without the screen protector is the Suppcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. It's a really good case

I got that case too! It's okay but seems rather stiff and not a lot of protection on the sides like the Defender has. Im lucky I got a good Defender with clear screen protector. Some are reporting their screen protectors are hazy and not that clear. The Speck to me seems to be more protective than a Supcase.

I wish they made the Tech 21 Tactical XT for the Edge! I had it for my Note 7 and it was great. Provided great protection to the sides of the phone too.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I got that case too! It's okay but seems rather stiff and not a lot of protection on the sides like the Defender has. Im lucky I got a good Defender with clear screen protector. Some are reporting their screen protectors are hazy and not that clear. The Speck to me seems to be more protective than a Supcase.

I wish they made the Tech 21 Tactical XT for the Edge! I had it for my Note 7 and it was great. Provided great protection to the sides of the phone too.

I can vouch for the Suppcase now having it a while and my phone surviving several drops even face down. It's a great case and I get to enjoy the screen naked.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I can vouch for the Suppcase now having it a while and my phone surviving several drops even face down. It's a great case and I get to enjoy the screen naked.

So you think it's better than the Candyshell grip? I might be up around Sams which sells the Speck. Would you take it over the Defender? Also MobilereviewsEh did reviews on and the Persidio and when dropped screen first it shattered.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I returned the candyshell. Didn't provide the protection I liked so I put it back in the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro, plus I got the V20 now but keeping the S7 edge.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
What are you using as your daily driver? Does one stand out to the other?

V20. Seems faster than the S7 edge and not as studdary but I dunno if that's because of Android 7.0 on the V20. However I'm really missing AMOLED though and the slightly better camaera. I might switch back to the Edge for awhile and compare the two. I love the flat screen though. I hope the S8 and Note 7 have flat screens or that the S8 has a large version. Rumor has it no more Edge style phones and a S8 and S8 Plus.