S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

renji5471

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Had to cancel my silver S7 Edge preorder due to payment issues (thought they took the money out when the order was placed online) and they said they couldn't do anything since the payment had failed so I had to have the order cancelled and re-ordered a black S7 edge. When I checked on the app last night it showed a shipment date of something like 1858. Ever since about 12 P.M. EST it's been saying this when i try to view the order, but when I look online on my computer with the link provided in the order confirmation email, it says the shipment date is 3/11. I just called and asked if there were any more issues and they said there wasn't, so if anyone else has experience with this and knows what the problem is, that would be very helpful.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. Had to cancel my silver S7 Edge preorder due to payment issues (thought they took the money out when the order was placed online) and they said they couldn't do anything since the payment had failed so I had to have the order cancelled and re-ordered a black S7 edge. When I checked on the app last night it showed a shipment date of something like 1858. Ever since about 12 P.M. EST it's been saying this when i try to view the order, but when I look online it says the shipment date is 3/11. I just called and asked if there were any more issues and they said there wasn't, so if anyone else has experience with this and knows what the problem is, that would be very helpful.

Common system glitch. It'll fix itself once there's a firm shipping date for your order. So when did you [lace the order for the black phone?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I didn't ask for the VR. I already have a couple Google Cardboard ones I don't even use. VR's not my jam, so to speak. She gave me a 64 GB Sammy EVO+ SD card though. I didn't need it, but took it anyway. It's a nice phone. Cannot get over how small it is in comparison to my iPhone 6S+, but with the same screen size.

View attachment 219153

You put it in a case, you monster!

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Walked into Best Buy this morning and purchase a Silver S7 Edge and a Black S7 Edge, both Verizon phones. :p
Plus the Best Buy price was a little cheaper then Verizon.
They won't give me the free goodies as I paid full price for the phones. :(
Wife took over the Silver already so I guess I'll have to love the Black one.

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
THOSE IDIOTS CANCELLED MY ORDER!!!!!

Un-freaking-believable. Because I had wanted the number assigned to the phone to be mine and not my wife's (who is the one whose line is upgrade eligible).

So now I had to order all over again and guess what??? Delivery date is now listed as 3-31.

I can't believe how friggin' incompetent Vz is.

From my post a few days ago on page 49:
Despite correcting my address several times in the Gilroy, CA corporate Verizon store, they just cancelled my order because of an address mismatch.

I placed my order on Feb 23, today they charged my card, but it didn't match the address on my charge card. Instead of contacting me (after all, they do know my phone number), they reversed the charge and cancelled my order.

Previous gripe (multiple times): Every single time I have returned a phone on the "Edge Up" program they have charged me for the phone as though I never returned it. It has taken an average of three months to get the mistaken charges removed from my bill. In fact, the billing is almost always wrong. One time the returned phone got there late, so instead of returning it and charging me, they charged me AND kept the phone!!! Which is, of course, robbery.

So... I said in that post that I'm leaving Verizon, but that's kind of hard since my wife and two sons are also on the plan. With my wife and kids, I've spent just under $50,000 with VZW over the last 12 years. Would that count for *anything* ??? Not on your sweet life.

So I gave in and ordered a gold one last night. I had $266 to pay to "Edge Up" but the guy somehow hit my bank for the $466 to pay it off completely. By the time I could tell him to just leave it as is (I can easily sell my S6 Edge on Craigslist) he had completely botched up the order by reversing the $466 charge, but couldn't proceed forward until his end showed the reversal succeeded. So he said he'd call me back. He never did.

So I called sales again and asked the nice girl (very nice, Robin Jacobs in Sacramento) to get the order through no matter what and we'll settle the money difference later.

Now my account shows 3 phones in processing, the original Silver (which should show "Cancelled" status, plus an additional silver AND an additional gold, the last two with Ship Date 3/11 (translate, "deliver by 3/11").

I bet none of them ship and I end up standing in line for my local store to open Friday morning and buying one that way.

Then my bill will be a GIANT mess for the next six months while I straighten out all the false charges.

NOT Robin Jacobs fault, but Verizon is Incompetence squared (maybe cubed).

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. Just got tracking info. 2 day FedEx from Memphis to NH. Silver s7 edge ordered 2/27 in store. Thanks for your help this past week. Now onto waiting for my package arriving 3/9 by 8pm

Edit: while jelously watching my fiance play with his new one picked up at bb yesterday and new gear vr.

I was in the same exact boat last night, watching my fiance get hers all set up. So I went to the games section and browsed so I wouldn't get more upset lol

Posted via the Android Central App

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it.

I'm having a lot of new-OS related anxiety if you can't tell lol. I want to make sure I have mostly an idea what I'm doing so I can quickly get the basics set up. The phone is arriving tomorrow while I'm on shift, so I'm going to go pick it up from my dispatch office and immediately get it going (if I have the chance) so I can do the S2 offer and also the Samsung Pay offer. Problem is, if I get a call while I'm playing with my new toy, off I have to run. So I want to make sure I can at least make a phone call/have my contacts and have the UPMC EMS app on it in case things go wild for me lol. Everything else is optional.

Luckily my partner tomorrow has an S6 and my partner Thursday has a Note so I can get a lot of hands-on help from them.

Word of advise make sure to remove all the widgets on the home screen by holding down on them and disabling all the bloatware apps as soon as you start. This way you'll get to organize the phone the way you want. FYI you can resize most widgets by holding them from the corner and even change the theme and screen grid. Don't be afraid to tweak around. Watch videos on YouTube if you have to. Android is all about the user. Really psyched to have you on board. Hope you stay! Good luck buddy. Take care.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Just got some updates.

Ordered on 3/4:
Onyx S7 Edge: shipped ground via UPS, tracking # not in UPS system yet, not yet charged on wells Fargo card

Gold S7: still in processing according to site,Not yet charged on wells Fargo card, BUT fedex emailed me to tell me a box with 1 piece inside was shipped for delivery by 8pm Thursday, shipping from verizon - memphis.

Posted via Android Central App

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Purchased Gold model on March 3rd, Credit Card withdrew on March 7th, Verizon notified me March 8th of shipping for anyone interested in date of purchase and what followed. Though Verizon initial date of shipping was suppose to be on the 11th, I'm happy it shipped early. Mine is being shipped by UPS

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You put it in a case, you monster!

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

He didn't even get the free Gear VR... truly is a monster!

Walked into Best Buy this morning and purchase a Silver S7 Edge and a Black S7 Edge, both Verizon phones. :p
Plus the Best Buy price was a little cheaper then Verizon.
They won't give me the free goodies as I paid full price for the phones. :(
Wife took over the Silver already so I guess I'll have to love the Black one.

Best Buy also requires you to get a DPP? WTH?

From my post a few days ago on page 49:
Despite correcting my address several times in the Gilroy, CA corporate Verizon store, they just cancelled my order because of an address mismatch.

I placed my order on Feb 23, today they charged my card, but it didn't match the address on my charge card. Instead of contacting me (after all, they do know my phone number), they reversed the charge and cancelled my order.

Previous gripe (multiple times): Every single time I have returned a phone on the "Edge Up" program they have charged me for the phone as though I never returned it. It has taken an average of three months to get the mistaken charges removed from my bill. In fact, the billing is almost always wrong. One time the returned phone got there late, so instead of returning it and charging me, they charged me AND kept the phone!!! Which is, of course, robbery.

So... I said in that post that I'm leaving Verizon, but that's kind of hard since my wife and two sons are also on the plan. With my wife and kids, I've spent just under $50,000 with VZW over the last 12 years. Would that count for *anything* ??? Not on your sweet life.

So I gave in and ordered a gold one last night. I had $266 to pay to "Edge Up" but the guy somehow hit my bank for the $466 to pay it off completely. By the time I could tell him to just leave it as is (I can easily sell my S6 Edge on Craigslist) he had completely botched up the order by reversing the $466 charge, but couldn't proceed forward until his end showed the reversal succeeded. So he said he'd call me back. He never did.

So I called sales again and asked the nice girl (very nice, Robin Jacobs in Sacramento) to get the order through no matter what and we'll settle the money difference later.

Now my account shows 3 phones in processing, the original Silver (which should show "Cancelled" status, plus an additional silver AND an additional gold, the last two with Ship Date 3/11 (translate, "deliver by 3/11").

I bet none of them ship and I end up standing in line for my local store to open Friday morning and buying one that way.

Then my bill will be a GIANT mess for the next six months while I straighten out all the false charges.

NOT Robin Jacobs fault, but Verizon is Incompetence squared (maybe cubed).

Verizon always manages to break more things the more they try to "fix" issues. Head into your local BB and get one now w/ a free Gear VR and SD card instead. Unless you're absolutely dead set on getting the S2, which is likely to be gone by the time Verizon fixes your mess and gets you your phones.

YESS!!! My phone is showing as shipped!! tracking number not working yet but i'll check it later. Maybe i'll get it thursday UPS BTW

Purchased Gold model on March 3rd, Credit Card withdrew on March 7th, Verizon notified me March 8th of shipping for anyone interested in date of purchase and what followed. Though Verizon initial date of shipping was suppose to be on the 11th, I'm happy it shipped early. Mine is being shipped by UPS

Told you guys to wait... and I'm right! Yay DPRK!

Congrats guys!

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I tried to chat with VZW and literally the only response was "I completely understand", even when that response made no sense whatsoever. They must have computers answering these questions because it was stuck in a loop

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I tried to chat with VZW and literally the only response was "I completely understand", even when that response made no sense whatsoever. They must have computers answering these questions because it was stuck in a loop

I completely understand.

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
S7e Silver shipped this afternoon. Ordered on the 26th online.

Did the Fedex Overnight shipping, scheduled tomorrow before 10:30am.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non