S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - Verizon preorders are live.

So... You somehow bypassed the whole Samsung Promotions portion of the offer from Verizon.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

No, everything is above board. I didn't say the phone is costing $13/mo, I said my bill only increased by that amount. I am still paying $33/month for the phone. How I saved is by the Verizon CSR reviewing my account while we were discussing the phone, and she was able to shave some money off the plan charge (without decreasing my service), and at the end of the call, was able to cut the cost of the watch's plan in half. All on her own, I asked her to review the account, since I haven't done than in a couple years. She initially told me I was getting the best deal, so I was okay with that. As we progressed through the order process she found one discount for my line (the other two, upgraded within the past 12 months or so, already had it). Then, at the end of the call, she cut the cost of the watch's monthly charge in half. So my savings are not on the devices, but on the monthly plan.

Like I said, there is still something to be said for talking to a real live person. Try doing that with mouse clicks. Human interaction.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

No, everything is above board. I didn't say the phone is costing $13/mo, I said my bill only increased by that amount. I am still paying $33/month for the phone. How I saved is by the Verizon CSR reviewing my account while we were discussing the phone, and she was able to shave some money off the plan charge (without decreasing my service), and at the end of the call, was able to cut the cost of the watch's plan in half. All on her own, I asked her to review the account, since I haven't done than in a couple years. She initially told me I was getting the best deal, so I was okay with that. As we progressed through the order process she found one discount for my line (the other two, upgraded within the past 12 months or so, already had it). Then, at the end of the call, she cut the cost of the watch's monthly charge in half. So my savings are not on the devices, but on the monthly plan.

Like I said, there is still something to be said for talking to a real live person. Try doing that with mouse clicks. Human interaction.

My question, in general, was that you're getting a watch shipped directly from Verizon rather than the Samsung Promotions fulfillment page. I asked a few people on preorder day when I was on the phone for 2 hours holding and they all directed me to the promotion page. How on earth did you bypass the promotion?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Couple of things caught my eye in the manual, but this one especially. Seems to indicate that WiFi Calling will be available out of the box, doesn't it? I was hoping the S7 variants would get the S6 treatment.

Advanced Calling
Enjoy high definition voice and video calling from Verizon.
To upgrade to Advanced Calling:
1. From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
2. Tap Advanced calling > Activate advanced calling, and follow the instructions to upgrade.
3. Tap Advanced calling, and tap On/O to enable the feature.
4. Activate Wi-Fi calling to use Wi-Fi when the mobile network is not available.

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site

It must be in certain areas then. My gf has the iPhone 6 and whenever she is on the phone the texts go through green (therefore iMessage isn't working since it uses data) and we have the find my friends thing so if I try to see where she is at it won't work until she is off the phone. Plus I've tried using hers for directions while on the phone with someone and negative. Can't do it

It only works when you are on HD call. Meaning only works while on a call to another Verizon phone because it also goes through data.

Posted via the Android Central App

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

My question, in general, was that you're getting a watch shipped directly from Verizon rather than the Samsung Promotions fulfillment page. I asked a few people on preorder day when I was on the phone for 2 hours holding and they all directed me to the promotion page. How on earth did you bypass the promotion?

Not sure I have an answer to that, but I can tell you exactly what I did:

On the 23rd, I was surfing again, looking to see about my upgrade. I noticed the S7 was due to be released on March 11th. Did some further looking, and saw Verizon was doing pre-orders starting that day (23rd). I also saw the promotion. So I got onto Verizon's site, and logged into my account. Looked around a little bit, then called the 800 number at the top of the screen I was looking at. Waded through the automated system until I got to the "Sales" option, tapped that number, and got a live person right away. (Note: I've always gone to a Verizon Store, never ordered a phone any other way). I had some questions about the phone, which she answered. I asked her to review my account to see if was getting the best deal on my plan. At that point she told me it looked like I was. I asked about just using the contract price versus the Edge payment. She told me that would disqualify me for the promotion. So I decided on the Edge payment option. She told me I could choose between the VR gear or the watch, that the VR gear would not ship till April, but the watch would ship immediately. I wasn't interested in the VR gear, so I opted for the watch. At that point she (or somebody else) found something in my account she could discount. With the savings there, I opted for the S7 Edge instead of the S7. We went through the whole agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for both devices over the phone (she actually used a second line to help with this). She told me she would ship the watch immediately, as it is compatible with my S4, and it would give me a chance to play with it before the S7 arrived. At the end of the call, she then informed me she would cut the monthly plan for the watch in half. I thanked her and hung up. The savings on the plan cut the increase in the bill to $13.

The call took about 46 minutes, with very little of that time on hold. She was friendly and courteous.

Fast forward...on the 25th UPS delivered a package to my door. In the box, shipped from "Customer Care" in Fort Worth, TX, was the watch and the case I ordered for the phone. All the follow-up emails I received after placing the order confirm what I received with the call, including one that explained why my next bill would be higher due to activation fees, and the case cost, and subsequent bills would return to normal, verifying the $13 increase.

With that said, I did not explore the promotion prior to calling. I had no idea how the promotion would be fulfilled, only that there were two item options. Everything that occurred during the phone call came from the CSR at Verizon. The only thing I asked for, other than questions about the phone and Edge payment plans, was for a quick review of my account. All I can tell you is I've been wearing the watch and playing with it for three days. It is the Gear-2 in dark gray.

Maybe I was lucky.:D

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
VZW Samsung Galaxy

I see T-Mobile has started shipping. This is my first ever pre ordered phone. When can we expect it on vzw? I order the day of ore order within the first five minutes. Thanks in advance.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

It must be in certain areas then. My gf has the iPhone 6 and whenever she is on the phone the texts go through green (therefore iMessage isn't working since it uses data) and we have the find my friends thing so if I try to see where she is at it won't work until she is off the phone. Plus I've tried using hers for directions while on the phone with someone and negative. Can't do it

You have to be in a 4glte area, have your account upgraded to HD calling as well as have it turned on on your phone.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
FYI for those on Verizon: Looks like you can get the deal with outright purchase too. See line #3 in the screen shot below.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/enterverizon

View attachment 217926

View attachment 217927

And that line is immediately followed by this, "Purchase requirement varies, please check with your carrier." It's plastered all over Verizon's site that a device payment plan is required so I wouldn't risk it. If you really want to do an outright purchase, sign up for the device payment plan, get your Gear S2/VR and then pay the device payment plan off...it's simple.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I cant do purchase payments and keep my unlimited, so looks like I will be the first to test his out when I get my device...LOL

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
And that line is immediately followed by this, "Purchase requirement varies, please check with your carrier." It's plastered all over Verizon's site that a device payment plan is required so I wouldn't risk it. If you really want to do an outright purchase, sign up for the device payment plan, get your Gear S2/VR and then pay the device payment plan off...it's simple.

Exactly what I'm doing. If you have the funds to pay outright. Might as well wait until you receive your items, then payoff phone. Unless money is burning a whole in your pocket.

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I cant do purchase payments and keep my unlimited, so looks like I will be the first to test his out when I get my device...LOL

You and me both . Unlimited data user here also who preordered. I was told via a web chat I will get the choice of promotion including the watch

KBx315x

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I work for a franchise of Verizon you defiantly can do payments and keep your unlimited. You just wont receive a discount like you would on the MORE everything plan.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am sure I will be able to get the extras. Someone has to be the guinea pig...LOL

I already preordered and am not canceling to reorder... I don't want to lose my spot in line. I hope to get it sooner. Maybe false hope, but whatevs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty